little sister

eve

So this year I joined big broths big sisters and I was matched up with a 7yr (almost8). This is our fist year together and I was just wondering what to get her for Christmas. I have a good idea on toys (Angel LOVES pink and dolls) but I was kind of hoping to get her a special ornament. Do you think that is a good idea? A little sister ornament? Angel and I have been matched up almost a year. I goggled little sister ornament and found this but I don't know if I love it. I am not looking to spend too much on it. Any one in big brother big sisters? Got any advice?

The ornament is okay but I think any pretty ornament you find will be special because it comes from you! I think it's great that you are taking the time to do this. I've thought about it but with my own 2 and dh and work, I barely get anything else done.

I think the ornament is cute! I had a big sister when I was a child and anything you get her sheis going to love. More than anything is she is going to just love spending time with you and having you as a friend. Thank you for being a big sis because you probably are a very important person in her life right now that she can count on.

thanks for the replies, yea i try and see her every weekend and when i miss one she is like "why didn't you come last week" even after i tell her. I thought about doing it for years, then said enough with the excuses, lol and just did it.

I agree with mgmckny, but if you still want to look for something personalized try bronners.com. I just saw the print catalog for this year and there are a lot of very nice ornaments in it. Also, ornaments are personalized by hand which makes them more personal. I intend on going to their store come BF weekend to do some shopping myself! :)

I have another idea for you. What about the next time you guys get together, you both make each other a homemade ornament? That way you also get one to remember her by. Plus you can still buy her one too. :)

that is a really great idea and a fun winter project ;) thanks

I know if you're thinking about the ornament thing, a really good place to get a lot of personalized items and things to change up is personalcreations.com. They have some great stuff there. They're pretty cheap also but have a lot of different and cute things for lots of different occasions. I couldn't get the website to pull up that you had shown the item it was undergoing maintenance.

I have another idea for you. What about the next time you guys get together, you both make each other a homemade ornament? That way you also get one to remember her by. Plus you can still buy her one too. :)

That's a great idea, and the ornament you found is lovely. I don't know if you have a store like this by you, but we have some pottery stores that will let you come in and paint anything that you'd like, such as ornaments, mugs, plates, photo frames, etc., and they'll fire it and seal it for you. Then you could make something together or make something for each other while spending some time together! I don't know how much the cost is, unfortunately. The stores are sometimes called Pottery Place, or Color Me Mine, at least around here.

Whatever you do, I'm sure she'll cherish it as much as she cherishes you.

That's a great idea, and the ornament you found is lovely. I don't know if you have a store like this by you, but we have some pottery stores that will let you come in and paint anything that you'd like, such as ornaments, mugs, plates, photo frames, etc., and they'll fire it and seal it for you. Then you could make something together or make something for each other while spending some time together! I don't know how much the cost is, unfortunately. The stores are sometimes called Pottery Place, or Color Me Mine, at least around here.

Whatever you do, I'm sure she'll cherish it as much as she cherishes you.

that is a great idea also .... i was thinking of doing that with something else but ornaments wold be cool also, i know we use to have a place, i will have to see if it is still there