Christmas starting early

bsutton1

I was at Target on Thursday night. Over by the halloween decorations, their were a christmas decorations up also. I couldn't believe my eyes. We are just starting October and they got christmas stuff up now. I thought Halloween was in October, not christmas.

It's really not that unusual for Christmas decorations to be out right now. Starting about five years ago, large department stores and discounters started receiving and displaying Christmas merchandise shortly after Labor Day. This gives them a longer selling season and thus reduces the amount of merchandise that has to be marked down in November or December in order to get rid of it.

I was surprised too to see things up at Target already at the end of September. But as the holiday season hits us, I need to start my Christmas shopping for gifts. In between getting gas.. lol But I wait for the day after because of dvds and stuff. Everyone gets a movie for Christmas ;)

Anyway.. I'll stop rambling!

Blame it on the economy. If Im not mistaken, Walmart said it will open up its Christmas shops early also. People have said they will start shopping early due to the economy.

They had their trees out last weekend. Looks like they were clearancing their garden stuff to make room.

Ace Hardware around me was clearing spots for X-mas Lights about two weeks after Labor Day. BJ's in Deptford had theirs up October 2nd. It comes early each year for the stores because they have so much product to move out, starting with the older stuff from the prior year and like someone said, with the economy being as unstable as it is now, they're trying to make back as much as they can.