>>> Official Black Friday 2008 VIDEO GAME Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Are there any Black Friday deals for the PS3 Game Systems? My 10 year old wants one really bad but I can't spend $500!

I tried the search feature but it brought up PS3 games...not the system. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

rainbow six vegas 2 for 10 bucks as well. finally a place has a deal

That is an awesome deal! Does anyone know if you can order from this place online because we don't have one of those in my area. I desperately need this game, it's one of the last on the list for my brother. I wonder if Hollywood video, which is I guess it's parent company or something will have the same deal, or if there's somewhere I could price match it. Anyone know?

No Hollywood Games probably wont have the deal. two seperate places. (no MVP cards at Hollywood Games, no tournaments, no midnight Madden mania, no contests...etc )

Friend was a manager at the Gamecrazy and he was laid off after they closed/ switched to Hollywood Games (1st round of closings last year). The Hollywood video employees took over the game side.

I'd ask Blockbuster games or GameStop if they will price match.

Are there any Black Friday deals for the PS3 Game Systems? My 10 year old wants one really bad but I can't spend $500!

I tried the search feature but it brought up PS3 games...not the system. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Best Buy has a doorbuster bundle with Ratchet and Clank, a good game for a 10yo for $399 which is just the price for the console..that game is very highly rated too.

No Hollywood Games probably wont have the deal. two seperate places. (no MVP cards at Hollywood Games, no tournaments, no midnight Madden mania, no contests...etc )

Friend was a manager at the Gamecrazy and he was laid off after they closed/ switched to Hollywood Games (1st round of closings last year). The Hollywood video employees took over the game side.

I'd ask Blockbuster games or GameStop if they will price match.

Thank you very much. I will ask those places if they will price match, I mean, the worst they can say is no. Thanks for your help.

How's your head? If you are looking for a deal on a PS3 console and are willing to get a credit card as part of the deal, check out sonyrewards. You can get $150 off your purchase -- that's a $250 PS3. 2 for 1 blu-ray movies too!

Has anyone tried this and recieved their console? Is this legit? Because on the SonyStyle website, which is a part of Sony, they are only offering $100 off. Since this is both Sony I'm not sure...

Hi there -

I don't know much about the wii other than there are a lot of options and they make me confused. I'm willing to spend no more than about $400 .

I'd like to get the best deal on a wii system so wondering a few things:

1) does anyone know which online site offers it at a better deal than any others?

2) is it better to purchase a bundle or console and then games + accessories separately?

Thank you for the help!

I went to game stop and found this :

Nintendo Wii Accessory Bundle Wii

Update Please enter a valid quantity. Usually Ships In 24 Hours

$349.99

Wii Charge Station Wii

$34.99

Mario Kart Wii Wii

$49.99

Wii Wheel Wii

$14.99

Wii Sports Pack Wii

$14.99

Sub-Total: $464.95

- would that be a good deal?

I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not but thought you might want to know that the extra wii wheel requires a wii remote to make it work. My mom bought the Mario Kart game and the extra wheel for the kids and didn't realize it so I had to go pick up another remote.