>>> Official Black Friday 2008 VIDEO GAME Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Thats a good question, I would like to know also.......

I would DEFINITELY recommend a charging dock. :yup: The Wii is great, but it eats through batteries something fierce, especially if you play it alot. I got the one that has a stand for the Wii itself, plus 2 spots for the Wiimotes to charge, and a compartment to charge rechargeable batteries.

Guest BlackFridayFool
You definitely need the charging dock. The controllers for the wii are wireless, meaning they use batteries. If you dont have rechargeables then you will be buying new batteries often. With the dock, your wii-motes are always ready to go. If you have any other questions about the wii, just let me know.

I would DEFINITELY recommend a charging dock. :yup: The Wii is great, but it eats through batteries something fierce, especially if you play it alot. I got the one that has a stand for the Wii itself, plus 2 spots for the Wiimotes to charge, and a compartment to charge rechargeable batteries.

Thanks for the info I will be on the look out for this docking station...cool that it hold everything for you!! I will have a small fortune in all these extras...controllers, docking station...I think that is it...but I saw they have a nerf set of controlers looks cool and I will hav eto get the nerf gun controller too and the steering wheel...oh the list goes on and on!:shock:

If you can hold out, those Madden games go down precipitously in price about six weeks after release.

It's been a lot more then 6 weeks since release....I believe the came out mid August.

They may drop after the 1st of the year when the season is over, but doubt they will fall before Christmas.

Wondering if anyone knows any kid friendly Wii games for ages 7 and 8? I'm scanning BF ads to find some good deals...but unsure what will they like and what they could play easily?!

Would Game Stop be my best spot on BF?? Maybe WM?

Kara

:gdgirlfight3ol:*Patiently Waiting For Black Friday...I'm Ready As You Can Tell!!*

I wondered about this too, how much better might it be, etc. Also why are some versions so expensive?

Are they really BETTER or just NEWER?

It seemed to me watching the prices of them during the last 2 weeks, that they are all being offered on different type of promotions, different days/weeks/BF.

So I suppose we cannot necessarily figure that just because one may be closer to 100 bucks that it is any better than a deal for 40 bucks..

I wondered if you could use a guitar across all discs?

In other words, I would hope that the guitar that is in my GH 3 bundle I just bought for my son, will work if I decide to buy the Aerosmith disc... I asked this question but I don't think anyone replied...

My DH has PS2 and all the GH bundles. Orginally we bought the first bundle than he has used the same guitar. We also bought an additional guitar last year...(off brand that WM sells...works great)..it works fine as well. We bought Rock Band about 4 wks ago on sale at WM and the GH guitars work with it too...so after you buy the first bundle...you will only have to buy the game!

I'm hoping to catch ROck Band 2 on sale soon!

Kara

:gdgirlfight3ol:*Patiently Waiting For Black Friday...I'm Ready As You Can Tell!!*

If you can hold out, those Madden games go down precipitously in price about six weeks after release.

It's been a lot more then 6 weeks since release....I believe the came out mid August.

They may drop after the 1st of the year when the season is over, but doubt they will fall before Christmas.

That stinks!! How about for blackfriday???

Looks like you're right. I guess my experience was a couple years back, before the current-gen consoles were released. My bad.

p.s. To the OP, console-based sports games are a money-pit. Get yourself a PC for that sort of thing.

Okay so I bought a Wii for my DD9 paid 300.00 with year warrenty. Then today my husband got a good deal on a Wii and the Wii fit for 225.00. So I am thinking great I will take back the first one I bought at EB Games and get the 300.00 back we are ahead a free Wii fit. So I look and the reciept says returns must be made in 30 days I bought it on 10-15-08. I am 4 days over the 30 days....has anyone ever returned anything to EB Games how good are they at returns past the 30 days with a recipet?? My luck I will be stuck with 2 Wii's!

Okay so I bought a Wii for my DD9 paid 300.00 with year warrenty. Then today my husband got a good deal on a Wii and the Wii fit for 225.00. So I am thinking great I will take back the first one I bought at EB Games and get the 300.00 back we are ahead a free Wii fit. So I look and the reciept says returns must be made in 30 days I bought it on 10-15-08. I am 4 days over the 30 days....has anyone ever returned anything to EB Games how good are they at returns past the 30 days with a recipet?? My luck I will be stuck with 2 Wii's!

If worse comes to worst, you can always eBay it. I assure you, one thing you won't be is out any money on this deal, no matter what happens. :)

If EB won't take it back, you can be really aggressive and start offering it for sale right there in the store. However, this is the Nuclear Option, so you want to be careful in exercising it.

Wondering if anyone knows any kid friendly Wii games for ages 7 and 8? I'm scanning BF ads to find some good deals...but unsure what will they like and what they could play easily?!

Would Game Stop be my best spot on BF?? Maybe WM?

Kara

Most of the Wii games will be fine for 7 and 8 year olds. It just depends on what kind of games they like. Next time you're in Walmart or Target, stroll over to the video game case and take a look. It will help give you an idea on what to get them. :yup:

If worse comes to worst, you can always eBay it. I assure you, one thing you won't be is out any money on this deal, no matter what happens. :)

If EB won't take it back, you can be really aggressive and start offering it for sale right there in the store. However, this is the Nuclear Option, so you want to be careful in exercising it.

Well just got back from EB Games and they took it back and gave me the price including my warrenty...I was so happy!!! If anyone is looking for a good price on the Nintendo DS they are still running that deal trade in your old DS or game boy advanced and get the DS lite for 89.99...heck of a deal...I know my daughter hasn't touched the old gameboy in months so I traded it in...saved 40.00.

thanks jl beatty,

didnt know about the ds deal and going to go do it tomorrow,

now to hope ds doesnt realize his is missing B4 xmas

D

That is exactly what I t hought...lol she hasn't touched it in months but you watch soon she will be asking me where it is...I guess I will just say gave it to Goodwill or something I do that with lots of toys pretty often so that will be my cover!! ha ha

where did you get a wii and wii fit for 225?

Hory clap! How long is that deal good for?

You will have to check online but I am thinking it ends this weekend. It is a good deal and my store still had tons of them left. All you need is the old gameboy advanced and the charger...it is like they are giving you 40.00 for it. I couldn't sell it at a yards sale for that price.

where did you get a wii and wii fit for 225?

My husbands aunt won it at work and she would sell it for 225.00 so no brainer we bought it. I am so excited about that I saved like 180.00 between what I got back for the one we bought and would have paid for the Wii fit. :D Edited by jlbeatty15848

So on the Sam's ad scan..is the wii price correct or wrong for 224.00? Just trying to figure out what I'm buying and what I'm gonna do with out. If its 424.00..is that a good price for that bundle?

The $224 price is incorrect. The $425 is a good deal, considering that Wii-motes are pretty much never put on sale.

Does Walmart carry the Brother In Arms Xbox 360 game that TRU will have for 17.99 (Hell's highway or something like that lol)? I will go later this week to see, but if anyone knew now that would help me on gas. My son wants it, but I hate to stand in line at TRU for just a video game.

I've noticed that at Target you can buy the Pro for 300 dollars and get a free $50 gift card... I was wondering, does this also apply for the Xbox 360 Elite for 400? Would I still get a free $50 gift card with it or no?

You can get a Xbox 360 Elite for $339.15 after 15% coupon code 8BM53TB8R1DXC0 right now at the DELL website with free shipping.

Sorry, since I'm new, the forum won't let me post a link. BTW the coupon works with other game systems too.

You can get a Xbox 360 Elite for $339.15 after 15% coupon code 8BM53TB8R1DXC0 right now at the DELL website with free shipping.

Sorry, since I'm new, the forum won't let me post a link. BTW the coupon works with other game systems too.

I really want that $50 gift card for games though... the Pricetag on the Elite above is nice, but thanks anyway!

I really want that $50 gift card for games though... the Pricetag on the Elite above is nice, but thanks anyway!

Elite 360 from Dell: $339

Elite 360 from Target: $400 w/$50 Gift Card

You can buy games with the $61 you saved from buying at the Dell website.