Vacuum Sealers For Food???

tsa

I have a Food Saver. I have had it for about a year and a half. I LOVE it!!! I use it for my meats (Hint: I thrown the marinade in before sealing and then freeze it. It seems to permeate the meat and it's so flavorful when cooked!), sometimes fruits and veggies also. And it there is a snack that has been opened, but I know nobody will eat for a while, I seal that also. I have the Wine Saver bottle stoppers also. These are probably my fav b/c I am the only one in the house that drinks wine. It doubles the life of the wine once opened. It has honestly saved me a lot of money from food/wine going bad. I don't know offhand which model I have. It's not the one with the roll attached to the saver tho. I think it was around $100 in Dec 2006.

I have the Food Saver as well and love it. We use it for meats primarily, but will seal up cheeses and snacks as needed. Got mine from QVC when they were running a special on the then-newest model...got it for about $100 with bonus stuff.

I got mine for 50 at Kohls's on sale. I love it. We hit Sam's once a month, get a bunch of meat and then freeze it into portion sizes. It works out perfectly for us and saves us a lot of money. Mine is a Rival Seal a Meal. I think if I had to buy another one I would get one that has the push button suction. Mine you have to press and hold until it seals. It can be a pain!

I have the Foodsaver VAC 1200. I got mine from Kohls. The bags can be quite pricey but when they are on sale and Kohls has the 30%, I'll buy them. Amazon also has them for a good price. And also watch Target because they will change the box and clearance the old ones. I use it mostly for meats. I hate going to the grocery store all the time. I'd rather buy a lot when I'm there and it's on sale and then just go out to my big freezer. :yup:

Thanks everyone. I decided to order one from Amazon the Food Saver one. I can't wait to get it. This years garden is doing so hot but it will be nice to use come harvest and for big meat purchases.

Thank you:)