Swing Sets and Outdoor Toys

Does anyone know when these things go on clearance? I am looking to buy a swing set in particular, but what about the swimming pools and other outdoor toys?

Also, any recommendations? I really want a good deal but I do not want a very cheaply made set that will only last a summer or two. I've heard horror stories of some swing sets taking days to put up and not being made right to fit. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

name brand stuff like Little Tikes & Step 2 hardly ever seem to go on clearance but they last forever with just minor color fading if kept in the sun. I've gotten most of DD stuff from garage sales, yahoo groups (local people selling stuff), & ebay (also stick with pretty local people b/c shipping is high). We have slides, a playhouse, vehicles, kitchens, etc all at great deals. We use the pressure washer & it's almost as good as new and if missing something, you can usually buy replacement parts or stickers from whichever company makes the toy.

I don't know when swing sets going on clearance. We got our last year right before Easter when they were on sale. i agree that looking at yard sales for the playhouse type things is the best way to go. They hold up so well and I have gotten some screaming deals on gently used Little Tikes items!

I've never had luck finding them on clearance. I've read where some have had luck finding them when they phased out one make or model.

But usually freecycle.org or craigslist.org or something like that is your best bet. something locally that you can pick up.

If you decide to check yard sales, make sure you go early. I've found that the outdoor toys go first thing. I would definitely plan to be out looking as soon as it's daylight out or even earlier to get the good stuff.

For a community sale, I usually plan to be in the neighborhood about an hour before the sale officially starts. I've gotten lots of things as people are pulling them out of their backyards. Usually, I'm leaving the community sale with a van full of stuff minutes after it "officially" starts.

We bought a swing set at TRU - they had open boxes and didn't know if there were any missing pieces - it was less than half price. They told us that if anything was missing to come back and they would order it for us free of charge. There was one piece missing and they ordered it and we were able to pick it up rather quickly.:)