T.V. Warranty?

Hi, many places offer a warranty when you buy a T.V.

Is it good to buy the extended warranties from these places.

I thought some credit cards will double the warranty of a purchase of a t.v. If something happens to the t.v. can't you just call the manufacture to replace or fix the t.v.

Kind of confused

I purchased the extended warranty when I bought my rear projection 52" tv and am so glad I did. Within the first year I had 3 repairs, this year it needs another repair that is 80% of the cost of the tv so they are replacing it with a new one. Since they don't make my model any longer I can choose from another tv in the same original price range of the one I have.

I will be purchasing the warranty again.

I always purchase the x tended warranty on the BIG ticket items. I did on our 65" tv. Not had to use it yet. But after not buying the warranty on a 65 sony several years ago and had to throw it out when one of the DISCONTINUED boards went out. Learned a lesson. $3000 for 2 years of use is not long enough.

Make sure that there is an authorized service center in your area that will accept the extened warranty. And with the new LCD flat panels and DLP units, I recommend to anyone that buys the new sets. They will break and are repaired at a board level, and boards are not cheap.