Musical Instruments

Musician's Friend usually has the best pricing, but I would get the price from Musician's Friend (shipping included) and then call the closest Music Center, and ask them if they can get you that Banjo. Then, if they can, ask them if they will beat Musician's Friends price. The one local to me has always beat Musician's Friends pricing by 5% or more. I've done this with a Marshall amp, a Korg Keyboard, and an Ibanez Guitar.

Wow! I'm impressed. They have already shipped it and gave me the tracking number. That's pretty good.

I also bought a beginners banjo pack to go with the banjo. Umm, I also bought a violin LOL. They had it for $60. I know its a cheapo but get it while marked down.

I'd really love this guitar..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/514020/

Do you play either of those, already, or are you just looking to learn? I have the same impulses with guitars...I know own 1 electric (soon to be 2), 2 acoustics, and a classical. It's a good thing Ross isn't posting coupon codes for musician's friend, or I would be broke. :)

That Oscar guitar would be ok, but I would wait a little bit, and look at the Ibanez Artcore guitars, instead. They have a much nicer freboard. They are built better, too, so you get good sound whether or not you are plugged in.

Musician's Friend rarely has any $-off or %-off coupon codes. Most of their promotions appear on their site and are things like free shipping, special bundle prices, etc... If we ever hear of any "real" coupons, they'll be posted on the site.

That Oscar guitar would be ok, but I would wait a little bit, and look at the Ibanez Artcore guitars, instead. They have a much nicer freboard. They are built better, too, so you get good sound whether or not you are plugged in.

Yep, I agree - the Artcores are some of the better-built hollows out there. I don't know if I asked you this before, but what guitars do you have, Nate?

I've got an '01 Fender Strat, Alvarez AD60CK (my beautiful baby :) ), an old Yamaha (1st Guitar), and an Ibanez Classical (cheap <$150 guitar). I had an Ibanez JS1200CA, and it is a thing of beauty. I realized after I bought it that I could not afford it. It played and sounded so incredible, but $1300 is a lot of money, so I sold it for $1250, and I've missed it ever since.

Yea I'm going to wait. I've always wanted a guitar and the other instruments I mentioned. I'm finally ahead enough on my money that I could buy some inexpensive ones to learn on.

I'm waiting on the guitar. The Oscar guitar is just really cool looking. WAnt it but can't get it :) It also looks like people have had to take them apart and redo them to play correctly.