Where is the best place to buy Frontline Plus?

I've never had problems with fleas or ticks where I live, but I have a neighbor clearing an empty lot next to me and for some reason there are ticks everywhere. I've bought some insecticide for the lawn, but I guess I am going to have to get frontline for my pup. Where do you find the best deals on Frontline?

Also, any frequent users, can you tell me if it does the same job on ticks as is does on fleas? It really pushes the flea info, but I'm wondering if the ticks are still going to get all over him when he goes out and then just decide he's no good & drop off in my house. :confused:

TIA!

I've bought my dog's meds on PetShed.com for the last 4 years. You don't need a perscription as it comes out of Australia. My neighbor's daughter is a vet and she said it was fine and that the prices couldn't be beat for me!

The heartworm pills on there is a super price too (I buy the generic and its over half the cost). 2 of my neighbors now buy from there too. Super quick shipping. Within 1 week you receive your order. Never had any problems.

I buy everything from the vet because one time one of the packages was out of date and it was so easy to just run it back to the vet to get a replacement.

As far as ticks with Frontline Plus...it kills ticks but it doesn't REPEL ticks. In other words, ticks will be on your pup but once they bite the pup, the frontline will kill the tick.

I buy everything from the vet because one time one of the packages was out of date and it was so easy to just run it back to the vet to get a replacement.

As far as ticks with Frontline Plus...it kills ticks but it doesn't REPEL ticks. In other words, ticks will be on your pup but once they bite the pup, the frontline will kill the tick.

Thanks for all the replies. I my dog had surgery a few days ago & I haven't been online much. He's so pitiful :worried:

I think since fleas aren't the problem, treating the lawn will be best. I am going to try to get DH to do that tomorrow since my lil Ralphie is limited on where he can go right now due to to the surgery.

Thanks for all the replies. I my dog had surgery a few days ago & I haven't been online much. He's so pitiful :worried:

I think since fleas aren't the problem, treating the lawn will be best. I am going to try to get DH to do that tomorrow since my lil Ralphie is limited on where he can go right now due to to the surgery.

I hope that Ralphie is feeling better.

I hope that Ralphie is feeling better.

Thanks so much. He had a complicated neutering that required pretty extreme abdominal surgery. He's only about 14-15 lbs and has a huge incision about 6 inches long with about 20 staples. We had to do it cuz we had 3 vets tell us if we didn't, it'd develop into cancer (100% chance), but he is just so traumatized right now. It will take a couple weeks for him to recover. It's so scary to see something so small with such a large wound. And he's my babe, I could just cry every time I look at him. :(

i hope he is feeling better. My little guy is 3lbs and he was neutered on 4/30. They had to remove a hernia also so his incision is about 4 1/2 inches. He is so tiny so the incision looks even bigger. We have had to keep him quiet since then. It took him about 5 days and now he is going crazy because he has all this energy and cannot roughhouse with the other dogs. I hope your baby feels better soon. We go back on 5/16 to have the stitches taken out and hopefully then he can get a little more exercise. Give him kisses for me.

i hope he is feeling better. My little guy is 3lbs and he was neutered on 4/30. They had to remove a hernia also so his incision is about 4 1/2 inches. He is so tiny so the incision looks even bigger. We have had to keep him quiet since then. It took him about 5 days and now he is going crazy because he has all this energy and cannot roughhouse with the other dogs. I hope your baby feels better soon. We go back on 5/16 to have the stitches taken out and hopefully then he can get a little more exercise. Give him kisses for me.

Oh Wow! I think I would have fainted to see such a little guy like that! Glad to hear he is doing well & I hope he has a smooth recovery. It's really hard to keep them confined. The first night I penned in the sofa & stayed with him. The last 2 nights I've had him in his crate, but that's so tough on him & us both, because he's used to sleeping in the bed with us. It's just amazing to me how they can handle these sorts of things. My guy perked up a bit yesterday & I set his pen up in front of the door so he could look out, but he over did it a bit and is back to just sleeping. Hopefully a few more days and he will be feeling better.

Thanks so much. He had a complicated neutering that required pretty extreme abdominal surgery. He's only about 14-15 lbs and has a huge incision about 6 inches long with about 20 staples. We had to do it cuz we had 3 vets tell us if we didn't, it'd develop into cancer (100% chance), but he is just so traumatized right now. It will take a couple weeks for him to recover. It's so scary to see something so small with such a large wound. And he's my babe, I could just cry every time I look at him. :(

It's amazing how quickly animals bounce back. They heal so much more quickly than humans, and they seem to tolerate pain very well. You did the right thing for Ralphie. You saved his life. He will be back to normal in no time, and he will have a great life. Ralphie sounds like a cutie. I have 3 four-legged children. I love them like my children. My kids think I love the dogs more than them...at least the dogs don't talk back or do eye rolls.

Lu