Best Place for Cheap Tires?

We have a small mom & pop place here that workes with the local dealerships. They sell "take offs" (someone bought a car & didn't like the kind of tires on it & had them changed in the deal) and "blems" (short for blemished, which is something cosmetic, like a piece of the white lettering print is messed up or not quite right). If you have any connections in the new car business in your area, ask if they know of a shop like that. We always get fantastic deals on great brands that way.

Not sure if you have a Tires Plus in your area or not, but I would avoid them if possible. We've had nothing but bad luck with their service and the way they don't stand behind their work.

went there last week for an oil change, called and they were busy so I made an appointment for another day, got there and they told me an hour to an hour and a half to which I replied that I had an appointment and he said he'd try to get me out in half an hour, almost two hours later after at least one person that got there after me & got in and out before me, they came and told me about over $300 of other work done that I needed on my car and then they finally did my oil change

they made it sound like I had to have the parts changed that day and it was dangerous for me to drive, when really they were going bad but weren't as bad as they made it sound, and it cost me $50 and we had a friend put them on and he said that they had broken some clips, I still need an alignment but I'll be damned if I let them do it

I can completely understand them making $$ to put on parts, but $40 labor to put on something that takes under 5 minutes??? and do they need to also make money on the parts? that seems wrong to me because I got the parts at the auto store for quite a bit less that they wanted to charge me, now we will never go there again for an oil change or tires or anything!!!