An Idea!

inogenius

Ross was asking me for ideas the other day for GottaDeal.Com. I came up with one! Okay, say I'm searching by store and I choose the NewEgg.Com store from the drop down. If I were to link my friend, the address says; http://www.gottadeal.com/deals.php so I would have to instruct him go to GottaDeal.Com, then choose NewEgg from the drop down menu. My idea is for a way to link directly for the NewEgg deals page.

I think it would be make it considerbly easier to link friends to exact pages. It'd probably help out the search engine ranking too.

Edit: Argh, I guess you can do it by clicking on the comments link, but that links you to the forum post for that specific deal.

Edit 2: Oh dang. Now I really look bad. I guess you can do it, as there is a link right at the bottom of the page. Maybe I should change my suggestion to have the link at the top of the page? I tried. That's all that matters right?

In the new GottaDeal v3 design I am working on, selecting a store or category from the menus on the left will take you to the page with the actual URL in your address bar. A few people have mentioned that in the past, so I had already taken that into consideration and made the change. But thanks anyway for the suggestion, and keep them coming. :)