Cheap Price on Material

I am looking to make a BUNCH of LARGE floor pillows for my son's new monkey room. Now this is one of my first sewing experiances (I thought pillows would be pretty easy LOL) so I don't really know where to look to get good deals on fabric. If you guys could help me out that would be wonderful!! We already spent over $1300 remodeling the room which didn't leave a lot left in the budget for decorating so any deals would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!! :)

honestly, stuffing can get pretty expensive. I would shop around and see if you can get a good deal on stuffing first. Most fabric stores have clearance sections and you can get good deals on fabric in many spots. but stuffing is harder to find deals on.

It might be cheaper to buy large floor pillows honestly. Check Big Lots, Walmart..... depends on how big you want to make them and if you want them in certain colors/patterns.

Do you think it would be cheaper to perhaps buy standard pillows or perhaps even king sized ones and cover them with fabric? I am really thinking of making about 6 or 8 of them. Ideally I would like for them to be about the size of a loveseat cushion, but if it is going to cost an arm and a leg then I would be willing to scale back to using perhaps just a standard size pillow. Like I said in my first post, I haven't ever really done anything like this before and are looking for opinions on the cheapest way to do it. Thanks again!!

Check if there are any fabric outlet places around you. Also, Jo-Ann Fabrics often has 50% off coupons that are good for one cut. What kind of fabric do you want? Calico is often about $2.99/yd, so it would be cheap with the coupon and it's good for one cut piece. Also, like others said, check WalMart to see what bolts they have in thr $1/$2/$3 racks.

Sign up for the JoAnn fabric mailer and check your Sunday paper for the 40% off coupons. Personally, I'd buy them at Wal Mart or Target as another poster suggested. It's not the fabric that's expensive, it's the stuffing. You can use the JoAnn coupons for stuffing as well as fabric, but you are going to need a lot of it. I bought a body pillow for DD at Target on clearance and recovered it. Cheaper than buying the stuffing and easier to handle.

Depending on how "squishy" you want them you might try and auto upholstery supply place and get pieces of foam, then cover that with some soft stuffing to provide some density to the cushion.

Do you think it would be cheaper to perhaps buy standard pillows or perhaps even king sized ones and cover them with fabric? I am really thinking of making about 6 or 8 of them. Ideally I would like for them to be about the size of a loveseat cushion, but if it is going to cost an arm and a leg then I would be willing to scale back to using perhaps just a standard size pillow. Like I said in my first post, I haven't ever really done anything like this before and are looking for opinions on the cheapest way to do it. Thanks again!!

You might think about garage sales, you can get old pillows or maybe even stuffing thats inexpensive and of course you are recovering them anyway so it doesn't matter what they look like (as long as they don't smell)

When we re-did our master bedroom, I bought extra sheets that matched our comforter

set. I used the sheets and made curtains and valances out of them. I was going to

cover a lamp, but I never got around to that. If you find sheets on clearance, this might

work out for you. Also, if you consider using solid color fabric, that will be cheaper.

We just re-upholstered our dining room chairs from chenille fabric bought at Walmart

for around $3/yard (spent less than $10 to cover 6 chairs). I think different solid colors --

tan, brown, green -- would look really cool in the monkey room. I love chenille fabric

because it is easy to clean.

I would definitely buy pillows and cover them. That would be the cheapest way to go. They have GREAT prices on pillows at Kohls, LNT, Target. You can get pillows for like $3.99 a piece.

I always buy fabric at WalMart. They have GREAT prices. The selection isn't always as good as fabric stores. But it is a lot cheaper for "most" fabrics.

Thanks for all the help!! I was kinda even thinking about looking on craiglist or freecycle or garage sales and seeing if anyone was selling/giving away couches for cheap and just using the cushions/stuffing and getting rid of the rest since I really would like my pillows to be more like couch cushions (as my son LOVES to take off the cushions and build/lay on them). I did check out Walmart for fabric and found some I liked for $1/yard and I am also going to check our local Fabric Warehouse to see what kind of deals they have. Otherwise I know I will for sure be on the lookout at garage sales!! I just wish I had a Joanns or something like that near me but they all closed a while ago...