AMC theaters Summer Family Movie Tickets for $1

jerseygurl

Participating AMC movie theaters offer movie tickets for kids and family for $1 each. Each movie is shown on Wednesdays at 10 am and are G- or PG-rated

LINK

Movie Schedule**

June 25:Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

July 2:The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep

July 9:Alvin & The Chipmunks

July 16:Shrek The Third

July 23:Bee Movie

July 30:Surf's Up

August 6:TMNT

All admission proceeds* from AMC Summer MovieCamp will benefit Variety – A Children's Charity and The Will Rogers Institute

That's a great deal, I don't think we have AMC around here though!! We had a Goodrich theater that was $2.50 a person, of course it was older movies, but we loved it..unfortunatley it just shut down a couple weeks ago!! I was so sad coz it was a great, cheap get out of the house deal, w/ 5 of us we can't afford to go to the regular movies all the time.

We do the summer movie passes every summer. If you buy them ahead of time it's $5 for the whole summer. Which makes it 50 cents a movie. The girls enjoyed it. Most of the movies they had seen but it's the fun of the new enviroment.

At least in my area, Showcase Cinema (National Amusements) offers free movies (Bookworm Weds) on Wed morning in the summer. Kids are supposed to bring a book report as their admission. Then they draw random book reports out and give away prizes.

We like to hit both of them, AMC Movie Camp and Showcase Bookworm Weds. I've never had tickets sell out, but it is good to get there early as they get really crowded and sometimes you get busloads of kids from camps, etc.

Thanks for letting us know the movie list is out! (I checked and the Bookworm movie info is not listed yet.)

Edited by mbus

Regal Cinemas has always done free movies here (SW Florida) all summer long. Last summer they were Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 10am and there are usually 2 movies to choose from. It's wonderful and completely free!!! I also have friends that have brought their babies because if they get really fussy they just leave.

My DD 11 would love to go, but I work and I don't think theres a chance in this lifetime that I'll get DD 14 to go with her and I won't send her alone... Of course at that price I could pay the 14 yr old to go along...sit in an air-conditioned theater and watch a "baby" movie that you would secretly enjoy and make $5 while you're at it? I think I might be on to something...

• 1 month later...

This would be great for the kids I watch but do I chance taking the baby!? hmmmmmm.....

I know at least here, LOTS of people take babies, toddlers, etc. to these movies. When I have been, it has always been a very laid-back, tolerant environment, with the audience comprised mostly of moms with several kids in tow.

Hope this helps!