buy.com shipping??

How long does it take to recieve 2 refurb'd mp3 players?? Sheesh!!! They were mailed on the 25th and it says "via media mail". what the heck? one of those were for my daughters birthday tomorrow and they haven't arrived yet. I checked the status..but it only says usps has been notified of shipment or something like that..it doesn't track it until it arrives and they rescan it. ugh. how frustrating..I've never ordered anything thats taken this long to arrive even with free shipping!!

USPS doesn't update their web-site like UPS. And if it was shipped Media Mail, mail can take 10-14 days to receive something. It depends on how quickly the post office ships it.

I ordered the DVD/VCR combo in early March and received it the day after it was shipped. I was pleasantly surprised.

Media mail is the slowest form of shipping, also the CHEAPest. Expect it to take the full 2 weeks. Although I have never bought an MP3 player from buy.com, anything I have bought there with free shipping arrived within 1 week. NO need to upgrade and actually PAY for shipping ;)

thats why I was wondering. I actually ordered three items, a creative zen for me and 2 refurb'd sansa's for the girls. I got the zen within like 4 days after placing my order. they shipped it first and the other two were in "shipping process" for a while. I emailed them asking about the shipment and they emailed me back today saying they opened a claim and will investigate. Their saying that they were out of stock on those mp3 players and something about seeking a refund for me. HUH? I just wanted to know about the shipment and when to expect them. I wasn't looking for a refund or asking if they were instock. Obviously they were instock when I ordered them..otherwise, why would they ship them out? Now I'm confused.

I have had similar troubles with them in the past but the merchandise always shows up. Sometimes it has taken more than 3 weeks. My ds11 ordered a Sansa mp3 player from them last week and I warned him that it could take WEEKS to arrive, so that he would not sit here waiting patiently for it to arrive. I told him basically, order it and forget about it. Be surprised when it comes because you may very well forget about it by then! (I don't think he will because he's not that type of kid, but I tried, lol. I'm sure he'll be asking me soon to show him how to check on its progress.)

I ordered both the black 1 gb and the pink sansa 1 gb...haven't seen either one yet.

I did opt for the lengthier free shipping however.

Does anyone know how they ship? USPS, DHL, Fed Ex etc?

When they sent my shipping confirmation email..it said, "shipped via USPS MEDIA mail" !!! Doesn't media mail take like...forever????? Why would they send MP3 players MEDIA mail???? I thought that was for like magazines, newspapers, books, videos, etc?? Does that include music PLAYERS too???

When they sent my shipping confirmation email..it said, "shipped via USPS MEDIA mail" !!! Doesn't media mail take like...forever????? Why would they send MP3 players MEDIA mail???? I thought that was for like magazines, newspapers, books, videos, etc?? Does that include music PLAYERS too???

No...

Media Mail® service is a cost efficient way to mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Media Mail can not contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books. The maximum weight for Media Mail is 70 lbs.

Media mail is subject to inspection... if at any point the package is opened, you will be charged postage on delivery @ the appropriate rate.

Maybe you will not have to pay extra, but there is that possibility.

Buy.com should know better.

Does anyone know how to contact Buy.com??

They do not return emails and when you call them you get no help whatsoever.

I am totally disgusted with Buy.com and their poor customer service:(

I tried googling for an actual phone number for the company in california no luck

HELP:eek:

Nope, no phone number. sorry. BUT..I DID get a refund!! WOOHOO. I emailed them and they did an investigation and I guess found that the items really were never shipped to me. So have NO idea why they sent me a confirmation email AND a tracking number. lol But we got a refund to the credit card so thats good!

• 2 weeks later...
Well, well, well....guess what showed up in my mailbox yesterday? Yep...the two mp3 players. Now what? Do I call to let them know there WERE recieved? Is there even a phone number? Buy.com did an investigation when I opened a claim on the whereabouts of the mp3 players and they concluded they were out of stock when I paid for them..even though I know they weren't when i ordered them...and said that they were never shipped and reimbursed the charges back to dh's credit card.

I too, have had terrible luck with buy.com and will no longer do business with them. It's a shame because there were times in the past that I spent a bit of money with them, and so did my extended family. The last straw was a refurb. ipod that died after a few short months. I can't remember any shipping problems.

Well, well, well....guess what showed up in my mailbox yesterday? Yep...the two mp3 players. Now what? Do I call to let them know there WERE recieved? Is there even a phone number? Buy.com did an investigation when I opened a claim on the whereabouts of the mp3 players and they concluded they were out of stock when I paid for them..even though I know they weren't when i ordered them...and said that they were never shipped and reimbursed the charges back to dh's credit card.

Yep mine showed up on Tuesday too, after I was told there was no order in place ever :eek:

Talk about poor business practices. Mine also came loaded with songs...too bad they are all

opera and classical :( just not my style.

I will think twice about ordering from them again...not only the slow shipping but the fact you cannot get in touch with them by phone and then via email they have absolutely no

clue

Yes, the one dh opened up to keep for himself was preloaded with songs and pictures too...he was like.."uh...can you get these off and put better ones on for me?" lol so I did that for him last night. What CRAPPY music they had on there...albums I've never even heard of like "stonage" and "Feral" wth???? LOL