DIY Inground Swimming Pool Kit

My husband and I are looking to put an inground swimming pool in our backyard. He currently does concrete work so the backhoe and concrete work will be no problem. WE have done some research but I'm still hesitant. If anyone has done this or has any companies to recommend that sell the kits, please help!!

If you don't mind talking to people. I'd suggest chatting with some well known pool installers in your area. Tell them you interested in having one installed and find out why they recommend going with certain filter systems, and the pro's and con's of vinyl liners vs other finishes. Some of your choices will depend on the shape you desire. Others based on where you live. Gunite may crack more in northern climates and can be rough on young feet. Good luck

Never thought of doing an inground by myself. Scary. Luckily you have the concrete experience on your side. I went with Atlantic pools in Canton, Ohio. I agree with the above poster, go and talk to a pool dealer and find out who they use, etc. You can get a lot more information from them by letting them think you are interested in buying from them. (haha). If they know right from the get go you won't be buying from them, they won't give so much info. (past experience in something else). Good luck. We love our pool. had it done 3 years ago. Best investment we made for the family

Being in a somewhat northern climate... I would stay clear of the fiberglass pools (think huge bathtub). Those are for the south only!

We have a steel sided, concrete bottom that has a vinyl liner. We love it, and can NOT wait for summer to get here...like elena 398 said, best thing we did for the family.

Idon't know how much just having concrete experience will help in the whole pool install, but Good Luck if you decide to tackle it.

I agree with finding out the name of the contractors the pool places use for installs. Once you have that info you can contact them and talk to them directly and maybe get the name of a guy who does installs "on the side" who could help you out for a set fee. We did that when we needed an above ground pool moved to another address. I called the local pool deal and asked a bunch of questions about the process of getting a new pool installed, who their contractors were, etc. and called them directly once I had the name. I got the company to come out on a weekend and take the whole thing down, transport & reinstall it with a new liner at the new address for a whole lot less than the pool store could offer me (and quicker). I'd think that having someone who does it for a living helping you out at least would hopefully help you to avoid any costly errors when doing the install yourself. Good luck!