Disney Store closing in Glendale, AZ

4gr8girls

I went to Arrowhead mall today and the Disney Store is closing. They had the entire store 50% off. If you pre-ordered Enchanted they also let you use your 15% off coupon.

I got:

2 beach towels

2 pairs of sunglasses

2 tank tops

1 High School musical tank top

1 High school musical pair of capris

Minnie Mouse dress up costume

Minnie Mouse dressed up as a princess

My total was $53

Not too shabby! Check it out if you get a chance. They close on Wednesday and they said they don't know when they will reopen.

I was just coming to post this! I was there this afternoon with my boys and we bought:

2 pairs of light Up Buzz Lightyear tennis shoes

2 pairs of Buzz Lightyear sunglasses

2 talking Lightning McQueens

Talking Mater

Talking Doc

$38 total! I would've bought more if I was by myself, but the boys were anxious to get back to the play area. The line was so long!

ETA: They still had tons of stuff left.

Edited by MelissaS

The store will clear out very quickly (mine closed 2 weeks ago) and I mean if you go in the morning and then that evening, you can tell a big difference. They don't go beyond 50% off, even on the last day so buy everything you want asap. Things that are cheaper when you buy 2 (such as t-shirt $9.50 or 2 for $15), you get the 50% of the cheaper price as long as you buy at least 2 and it doesn't have to be an even #, just at least 2. That made t-shirts 2 for $7.50 or $3.75 each....awesome deals!!!!

I was just coming to post this! I was there this afternoon with my boys and we bought:

2 pairs of light Up Buzz Lightyear tennis shoes

2 pairs of Buzz Lightyear sunglasses

2 talking Lightning McQueens

Talking Mater

Talking Doc

$38 total! I would've bought more if I was by myself, but the boys were anxious to get back to the play area. The line was so long!

ETA: They still had tons of stuff left.

The line was long when I was there too. It was wrapped around the store and I got in line around the HSM and Hannah Montana stuff. It was crazy. By the time I left the line was much shorter.

I may go back next week to see what's left.

ugh. I'm still so mad/sad that this store is closing.

I want the sale prices, but I don't want them to leave.

Where am I going to go on Black Friday? http://www.sherv.net/screens/heartbroken-names.gif

They will be re-opening. They are closing to do a total remodel and are not sure when they are re-opening, but the cashier said they are definitely staying at Arrowhead mall.

They will be re-opening. They are closing to do a total remodel and are not sure when they are re-opening, but the cashier said they are definitely staying at Arrowhead mall.

Yep. Actually just got back from there. I now don't need/have to buy anything for dd for her birthday or christmas :blush:

They had some corporate bigwig there tonight. He said that they will not be re-opening before the 1st of the year, and that when they do reopen they will be in a different spot in the mall, but that they do look forward to coming back. Oh well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they open a location at Desert Sky Mall, or at this new outdoor mall. Otherwise, I'll have to make do with shopping online. Only, I don't have that instant gratification of putting the toy in my dd's hands... That's the best part! Especially if we're in store, you see the face light up, and you know which item to come back for... ;)

I spent way too much money tonight. But... saved so much! I don't know what this enchanted thing is, but I got the really big doll of the princess, it's as tall as dd. Also grabbed the winnie the pooh snow globe, but that was more for me than for dd (shh!) ;)

did anyone else pick up the blue coupon?

It says "Visit Us Online at Disneystore.com and receive $5.00 shipping on any order". And it has a picture of Mickey Mouse in the magician's hat to the right? Expiration date on the back is 4/26/08?

Just curious if you were given the same coupon or if you have a different coupon code. Can't get mine to work. :o