Crayola cutter horrible

DD got this Saturday SMIL paid $10 for it on clearance at Walmart, little did she know I had bought the princess one for 4.88 at Target and put it up for her bday the 29th...

It is HORRIBLE it doesn't work for anything, it tears everything. We've already TRIED to cut some of the included papers..would you still try to take it back?

Anyone else want to add their review?

Needless to say the princess one is headed straight back to Target...$5 in my pocket is better than this piece of junk in the closet!!

DD got this Saturday SMIL paid $10 for it on clearance at Walmart, little did she know I had bought the princess one for 4.88 at Target and put it up for her bday the 29th...

It is HORRIBLE it doesn't work for anything, it tears everything. We've already TRIED to cut some of the included papers..would you still try to take it back?

Anyone else want to add their review?

Needless to say the princess one is headed straight back to Target...$5 in my pocket is better than this piece of junk in the closet!!

I personally would take it back and say it doesn't work? Or you could write the company

I just emailed the company, we will see what they say before I try to take it back to Walmart (UGH!)

I HATE these companies that hype something up so GREAT in commercials and then it doesnt even attempt to work when your child buys it, I sure hope Crayola is not headed in that direction!!

Hope a few people see this and save their money!

We got it last year for christmas..played w/it once & in the trash it went!!:( The commercial made it look so neat, but it was'nt in our case unfortunatley we've found that out alot w/ toys on commercials esp. hot wheels things...they never do what they do on t.v.!! My poor ds is always disappointed! O'well!! I never thought of calling crayola, very good idea!!:yup:

we also got one for xmas-my dd 7,tried to play with it once we took it back to walmart(i am glad i had the receipt) and said it didn't work. they gave me my money back after they took everything out of the box to make sure i hadn't kept any of it. it was a big disappointment to us also.

My daughter loves her's but she doesn't get the change to play with it too often because I am afraid she will hurt herself. I thought it was a piece of junk at first until I started reading up on it a little further to find out it doesn't completely cut the image out, it perforates it and then you have to pop it out. It works great for us since now we know how to use it.

I just called Crayola customer service on Friday after a quality control issue with two different boxes of crayons. (More than half were broken when we opened the box)

The lady was incredibly nice, and is sending us $12 in coupons for free products.

Definitely give them a call. They were pretty helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

DD got a Cutter because she really likes craft stuff. But this was a dud. The cutter part would just make a mark on whatever paper we tried. There is no way she could have made any of the extra project packages that I bought. I really liked the fashion one, too. It would have been so much fun for her.

Don't buy it! (is my suggestion.)