Thoughts on how I should proceed

Went to sports authority liquidation center last night to look at ski boots. Found a pair on a table that had 2 flyers taped to it. First flyer take 25% off lowest ticketed price on all open box ski boots (which these were). Next to it and all throughout the boot section are flyers saying 30% off all ski equipment (boots, bindings, skis and poles). So based on the 2 flyers my logic is this. (note there was no indication they should have been a one or the other option)

Boots marked down all the way to 80.99 so 25% off of that makes them 60.75, then they should take the 30% of that making them 42.52.

The guy at the counter said no, even I can't buy them for that. I said why would you say take 25% off when the going sale is 30% off? Who would take the lower. He didn't get it and I was waaaay too tired to fight since I'd already been skiing all day. So I told him to take the 30% off.

Now that I'm not tired, I keep thinking about it and its really irking me. Should I go back today and try again or do you think I'm off base?

btw- I still got a great deal because they were $400 boots for about $57

I think you might have had a case if you had asked to speak to a manager at the time you were purchasing the boots. Now, all you could really do is go back and try the same thing with another pair if the signs are still there. You could try calling and speaking to a manager and explaining your situation but I doubt that would do any good.

Sounds like they went from 25% to 30% but just forgot to take down the other 25% tag. I would have never thought that they ever intended to give BOTH. But that's me. Plus if I was satified to give the amount you did last night, I would think it still must have been a great deal.

:gddogwoot:

Sounds like they went from 25% to 30% but just forgot to take down the other 25% tag. I would have never thought that they ever intended to give BOTH. But that's me. Plus if I was satified to give the amount you did last night, I would think it still must have been a great deal.

:gddogwoot:

:yup:

I have to agree, they should have given you the 30% off, not both. What if there were 3 of the same flyers taped to it? You wouldn't expect 30% off 30% off 30%.

You got a great deal and it sounds as if the store did the right thing. There is no reason to complain further.

I have to agree, they should have given you the 30% off, not both. What if there were 3 of the same flyers taped to it? You wouldn't expect 30% off 30% off 30%.

You got a great deal and it sounds as if the store did the right thing. There is no reason to complain further.

well said... :)