Expired Magazines...

juanadeal

This is more of a possible deal discussion but at the end of every month, stores are left with lots of magazines that get replaced with the new months.

Does anyone know what happens to them? It would be great to get some magazines at a discount even it they're old. There are always deals for dirt cheap subsriptions but with a 3 and a 4 yr old, a magazine every month might just be more than I can handle. It takes me weeks to get through the sunday paper as it is :o.

I have seen store employees ripping the covers off the old magazines and asked them what they do with them. They throw the old magazines in the dumpster and redeem the ripped covers for credit from the publication companies.

My mom works for a private company that sends her into stores like CVS, Wal-Mart, Krogers ect. to dispose of the old ones and put out the up to date ones and I was asking her if she could save the out of date WWE mags for me and she told me that they have to send them back for store credit, just like Nilla mentioned earlier. Sucks!!!! Those mags are at least $6-10 a pop!!!!

Throw them out? Well that's just pure waste! The lightbulb went on when I saw a woman at Target packing up the Feb. mags but now that light is starting to fade. I was hoping they would end up discounted on a store shelf somewhere. I really don't care about what star is dating who or pregnant or whatever but some mags have good recipes and such that I wouldn't mind getting. Oh well. There's always google.

This is more of a possible deal discussion but at the end of every month, stores are left with lots of magazines that get replaced with the new months.

Does anyone know what happens to them? It would be great to get some magazines at a discount even it they're old. There are always deals for dirt cheap subsriptions but with a 3 and a 4 yr old, a magazine every month might just be more than I can handle. It takes me weeks to get through the sunday paper as it is :o.

If you want to purchase out-dated magazine check your local library to see when they are having a booksale. Most libraries archive magazine for references purposes and extra copies are sometimes retained to sell at book sales.

I have seen store employees ripping the covers off the old magazines and asked them what they do with them. They throw the old magazines in the dumpster and redeem the ripped covers for credit from the publication companies.

A lot of stores shred the rest of the magazines so you can't just get them out of the dumpster. You can usually get books though.