Land's End Backpack $14.99 ($49) + FS

BridgeIU

Land's End Cool Blue™ Backpack $14.99, was 49.99.

For Free Shipping: enter the Source Code FREESHIPPING and the PIN 530553055

Saw this on another forum & thought it was a really cool idea. Lots of colors.

• Advanced electroluminescent lights are visible up to 1,000 feet away at night
  • Lights on front and back improve visibility
  • Lights are thin and flexible - they're crushable, bendable, super durable
  • Switch lights on, off, or to flash mode by squeezing shoulder strap — no need to take pack off to control lights
  • Rechargeable power pack included — no need to buy batteries
  • Fits ages 7 and up
http://s7.landsend.com/is/image/LandsEnd/175732_AK06_M1_DBB?$viewerThumb$&crop=0,0,0,0 Edited by BridgeIU
add FS info

I've been looking at backpacks for the kids and thought I would just do a search to see if they had anything for soccer bags, THEY DID and they are soooo cute! I ordered one for each child and was able to use the free shipping, the bags are little more at 19.99, but a friend just bought one for her child at a local store and paid 35.00 and it is not of the same quality of these, I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THEY ARRIVE. Thank you so much!

Bummer!! The free shipping code ended yesterday. Now I'll have to decide whether or not I want to pay the $6.95 for shipping. I HATE paying for shipping!!!!!!!!! The backpacks are still a good deal, though. I bought my DS and DD backpacks at the beginning of the year, and my DS hates his! The opening isn't wide enough to fit his large binder. Does anyone know (who already has this backpack). . . would it work good for a 4th or 5th grader?? TIA!! :)

Bummer!! The free shipping code ended yesterday. Now I'll have to decide whether or not I want to pay the $6.95 for shipping. I HATE paying for shipping!!!!!!!!! The backpacks are still a good deal, though. I bought my DS and DD backpacks at the beginning of the year, and my DS hates his! The opening isn't wide enough to fit his large binder. Does anyone know (who already has this backpack). . . would it work good for a 4th or 5th grader?? TIA!! :)

I was hoping the free shipping would have lasted a bit longer but I was told that you can call in your order and request free shipping over the phone if you use your catalog and give them the C number on the back. Just received my shipping notification and was hoping to get another monogrammed also for DS's BF.

Your Order Number is xxxxxxx

Thank you for placing your order with landsend.com. We wanted you to know that your Lands' End order was shipped on 02/26/2008. Backordered items will ship separately. Items for which you requested monogramming, cuffing or hemming may ship separately with another shipment notification.

You Have Ordered

Item: COOL BLUE BACKPACK (#1757328J6)

Size: N/A, Color: RED, Price: $19.99

Quantity: 1, Status: Shipped via UPS

I would say yes, the binder should fit. It looks pretty roomy. Our UPS guy delivered it about 6pm and my dd spent the evening telling me how awesome it is. The lighted stripes on it are totally cool. If your kid has to be out in the dark, before or after school, this would be absolutely terrific. There is a fairly small removable, rechargeable battery pack that fits in one of the shoulder straps. It has an on/off button so you can switch from off to on to flashing. The stripes are on the straps so they can be seen on the front of your body when you're wearing the pack and there are stripes on the main body of the pack also. If you would choose not to used the lighted stripes, they look like regular reflective stripes. Extremely happy with the purchase! Would buy again in a heartbeat. Thanks to OP! Great deal!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no! I just saw this someplace else. If you bought this backpack, this may interest you.

Lands’ End Children’s Light-Up Backpacks Recalled for Overheating

August 17, 2006

The following product safety recall was voluntarily conducted by the firm in cooperation with the CPSC. Consumers should stop using Lands' End Children's Cool Blue Backpacks unless otherwise instructed.The backpack’s battery pack can overheat causing the battery case to melt, presenting a burn hazard if touched.

Lands’ End has not received any reports of injuries or incidents. The hazard was discovered during an internal product review.

This recall involves children’s Cool Blue backpacks with lights and reflective trim. The backpacks were sold in seven colors: dark blue, light blue, orange, red, green, maroon and purple. Style number 175732 is printed on a label attached to the left side of the main compartment. Backpacks sold after July 19, 2006 are not included in this recall.

The backpacks were sold through the Lands’ End catalog and Web site at www.landsend.com during July 2006.

Consumers should stop using these backpacks immediately. Consumers with the affected backpacks are being sent a replacement backpack and battery pack with instructions to return the original product.

For more information, consumers can contact Lands’ End at (800) 200-6212 anytime.