Flatware Advice

llydting

HI! I AM LOOKING TO BUY A HIGH QUALITY FLATWARE SET IN A SERVICE FOR 8 OR POSSIBLY 12. I HAVE NEVER INVESTED IN A GOOD QUALITY SET AND DECIDED THAT MAYBE NOW IS THE TIME.. CAN SOMEONE GIVE A BIT OF ADVISE AS TO WHAT BRAND IS GOOD, WHERE I CAN FIND IT, AND PRICE RANGE? I AM SO SICK OF THE BENDING SPOONS I BUY AT WALLY WORLD!!!!!:razz:

TIA!

My flatware is Gorham and it has held up for over 25 years. The pattern is still available too, Melon Bud. They are heavy and substantial and the only problems I've had are those darn spoons that keep sliding into the disposal just as I turn it on! So some of my coffee spoons are chewed on the edges. Nothing has ever bent, cracked or splintered with me.

Now, they aren't cheap... The best deal I've seen is $40 a place setting, but they are well worth it. But if you do a google search, you might come up with some sales somewhere.

We got Pfaltzgraff flatware for our wedding 12 years ago, and they are great.

I think each set of 4 was $70. They are heavy and we get a lot of compliments

on them. I'm not sure of the pattern, but you can find them at Bed, Bath & Beyond

and Macys, I think.

Also, if you live near a Corningware outlet, they have tons of flatware. Our store

is going out of business, so the sets are really marked down.