Sears

pickinp

Got a 'Protection System' brand winter coat for my daughter on BF for $12.50 (50.00 originally) , nice looking coat, fleece lined, very warm. Gave her the jacket for xmas, and now, less than 2 months later the zipper pull has broken. It looks like the only way to fix it would be to replace the zipper. I called Sears, but they stated they are not responsible for manufacturer defects, and since she has worn the jacket they will not take it back :mad: . I asked if they could give me some contact info for the manufacturer, and of course they couldnt. They suggested that I look on the internet. I have googled Protection System, but cannot find a manufacturer website. I am just so irritated!!!

Are you a member of their Kid Advantage program. "If it wears out before they outgrow it Sears replaces it" if you are part of the program. I have had to take back many pairs of pants because something has happened to it and my kids had not outgrown it. If they don't have another one then at least you will get your money back.

Sears has gone down hill since their merger with KMart. Just ask anyone who works there. Even the tools look to be slipping very quickly. The chrome is already flaking on some sockets I bought during the holidays. Was going to take them back but all that they had were the same. GRR :mad: Too bad they do have some very good hot deals!

I would take it back. Look for an older lady that looks like they have been there for a while and might remember what Sears used to be. I have found them to be better at taking returns. They seem to try to hold on to the old policies. Kind of like Willie Loman!

Edited by miatapaul
to add to try returning it

Are you a member of their Kid Advantage program. "If it wears out before they outgrow it Sears replaces it" if you are part of the program. I have had to take back many pairs of pants because something has happened to it and my kids had not outgrown it. If they don't have another one then at least you will get your money back.

:yup: We have used this on a few occasions too.

Got a 'Protection System' brand winter coat for my daughter on BF for $12.50 (50.00 originally) , nice looking coat, fleece lined, very warm. Gave her the jacket for xmas, and now, less than 2 months later the zipper pull has broken. It looks like the only way to fix it would be to replace the zipper. I called Sears, but they stated they are not responsible for manufacturer defects, and since she has worn the jacket they will not take it back :mad: . I asked if they could give me some contact info for the manufacturer, and of course they couldnt. They suggested that I look on the internet. I have googled Protection System, but cannot find a manufacturer website. I am just so irritated!!!

The same thing happened to my sons coat last year. You can replace zipper pulls, but it is the idea that a brand new coat breaks with only a few month of wear. :no:

If you can't find the manufacturer, just take it back to the store and tell some random checker that it just broke. They should just give you some store credit.

That's what I'd do, the younger the cashier the better. Or does your store have any more? If they do you could buy a new one and return the old one with the new receipt, as long as it was the same coat.

Got a 'Protection System' brand winter coat for my daughter on BF for $12.50 ........

Must be the same mfgr as Kohl's Zero Exposure - crap coats there too!

Sears has been good to me w/sales & price matching in the past. I say walk in w/it for an exchnage under that Kids program mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
Update - I went to Sears on Friday with the coat, and they asked if I was a Kidvantage member. I told them yes, and they said to go see if there were any winter coats left on the clearance rack. She told me the coat had to be the same size, and similar style if they were out of the one I was trying to replace. They had one 10/12 coat left, so I grabbed it and it was switched out with no problem. :) They need to educate their telephone customer service agents!!