Peachtree Pro Accounting 2008 - Free After $140 Mail-In Rebate @ Staples.com

noehlp

Thanks for posting this! I use Peachtree in my business and was planning to buy an update. To make things even better, I had an e-mail coupon for $20 off a purchase of $100 or more. I used it, and it lowered my total cost to $126.60 (tax included). When I get my rebate of $140, I will have made $13.40! The coupon code is 1396 6404 1970 4039

Not sure if it can be used more than once, but I suppose it is worth a try. Great find, and much appreciated!

How does Peachtree compare to QuickBooks? Thanks for any info.

As an accountant at a CPA firm, I have had considerable experience working with quickbooks for some of our clients. It is very user friendly and sufficient for most small to medium businesses. I have had much less experience with peachtree, although there has been some. I felt that quickbooks was easier to navigate. However, if you are just starting out, or cash flow is an issue and you want an accounting package, peachtree is not bad at all...just not as good as quickbooks.

I too am an accountant at a CPA firm - I am also a ProAdvisor for Quickbooks. I have used both Peachtree and Quickbooks. I learned Quickbooks from what I knew from Peachtree. I agree that Quickbooks is a much more user friendly product. It is much easier to follow a "trail' in Quickbooks than in Peachtree. Quickbooks seems to just "make more sense". But, Peachtree is useable if money is the issue. But, if you can afford Quickbooks, I think you would be much happier.

I have used Peachtree in my business because it is integrated with my management system. Ironically, we use Quickbooks at home for my husband's small excavating business. Both work well - my CPA really likes Peachtree because of the year-end reports we send her. She says she likes working with Peachtree much better than Quickbooks. For my use, each of them works well. At home, we don't carry accounts receivable or accounts payable -- it's just simple, cash in and cash out. At work, we DO carry both receivables and payables, and send monthly statements out. So I associate Peachtree with more complicated businesses, but not sure if that is always the case.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...