Target* Magnavox 37" Digital LCD HDTV

money13

I was wondering if you think this TV is a good deal at this Price $648.00 and if worth it?

It's running in this week target ad 01/27/08

Magnavox 37" Digital LCD HDTV - 37MF337B

$648.00

List price: $899.99

You Save: $251.99 (28%)

They also have the 42" (42MF237B) for $798.00. I'll do a quick comparison on that one, as well, since that's the size I'm looking for.

Hmmm, I can only find this model at Target. Everywhere else has a 42MF437B. I wonder if this is a store specific TV or if it's a typo???

I'm a little concerned with the feedback on the 37" model and I have to presume that the 42" is going to be similar. While it got high star ratings (4's and 5's), the feedback seems to indicate some audio issues. It seems that the reviewers were able to live with it for the price. I guess the only way you'd know was to read all the feedback you can find and then go into the store and see for yourself. I may do the same. For the price, it does appear to be a good deal. I'm just wondering if I'll be happier to save ~$200 now or have a better quality tv later. I guess I'll consult with hubby when he gets home since he'll be the one playing Xbox on it. He's less picky than I am, lol.

Thanks!

I did read the reviews some love it and others with some audio problems and another i read was the color faded on a persons tv, but then another person was as happy as can be with the tv... reviews just confuse the consumer sometimes...lol

I just boughta 37" Olevia (237V) for $617.00 at Kmart, normally $899.99). I have seen nothing but good reviews and it was rated one of the tops lcd's in the "budget" catergory from Consumer Reports. I was looking into the Magnavox at Target but the reviews were bad, I have been told that Magnavox is one of the most serviced brands of lcd / plasmas and it didn't display that well in the store.

• 4 weeks later...