Need recommendations on dirt cheap washing machines, please

mmm40

Mine died this morning and I am beyond broke. Anyone have any good recommendations on dirt cheap washing machines?

Thanks

look at craigslist.org, search through yahoo groups to see if your local city has any for sale groups. Also go to www.freecycle.org and sign up for local freecycle groups. Freecycle is a free decluttering email group. You give stuff to others you no longer need, and others give things away THEY no longer need. I see washing machines posted in my group a few times a year.

Mine died this morning and I am beyond broke. Anyone have any good recommendations on dirt cheap washing machines?

Thanks

I feel your pain. Mine died on me yesterday. I was on the phone for hours arguing with them about the warranty. The motor went out in it and it is covered but they wanted me to pay someone to come out and fix it when dh can do it himself. I finally got my way and they are sending me a new motor. I don't give up too easily.

My best advice also would be to check with your local freecycle group. I see them posted all of the time in my area. As long as it washes until you save up for a better one.

Lowe's has some for under $300 if you are looking for a new one. If it were me I would get the GE for $328 http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=256524-83-WLSR2000GWW&lpage=none

You could also check FreeCycle for one to get you by for now. I have seen several given away lately -- especially now with income tax return time. People will be buying new ones and getting rid of their old ones. Also, local appliance repair shops often have them for not very much. They often have a limited warranty with them and you could call around from home to find out ahead of time what they have.

Good luck.

http://www.littlegenealogy.com/memory_images/washboard.gif:tongue1:

Also, local appliance repair shops often have them for not very much. They often have a limited warranty with them and you could call around from home to find out ahead of time what they have.

Yup! As I understand it, they take in castoffs as side projects, fix 'em up and resell. Prices will probably be in the $50-$75 range, and they can probably deliver and haul-away.

craigslist, freecycle, used appliance stores, scratch & dents from your local stores?

I'd suggest sharing with a neighbor... but I have feint recollection you are not on great terms with the neighbor (or I am making up a story in my head - either way)

Guest JustMeDiana

http://www.littlegenealogy.com/memory_images/washboard.gif:tongue1:

Yup! As I understand it, they take in castoffs as side projects, fix 'em up and resell. Prices will probably be in the $50-$75 range, and they can probably deliver and haul-away.

Yup, I had to hand wring out jeans on Monday because my washing machine took a crap in the middle of a load.

I had to do the same thing right before the holiays....

Thanks everybody! I'm looking into all these things. Except the washboard. Those days are over. at all.

Gee think of all the wash you can get done when the kids are home from school Add this to list of things to do.

:giggle: