Furniture sales?

Does anyone know if furniture goes on sale in Feb? Is there a certain month every year that is best to purchase furniture? I have been needing a dresser for my son and it was discontinued (Matches his convertable crib) and they have not dropped the price at all. It is $750 with no mirror!!!

If anyone sees this somewhere on sale in White, please let me know! Thanks!

http://www.babysdream.com/Products/SeaIsland/Default.htm

If that doesn't work try going to an independent furniture dealer. Not a big box store. They normally will work out a deal if you ask for it. But do an extensive search about price before you go in. That way you are armed before you go in. Always deal with the manager if possible too. You will normally cut out the commission that way!

Unfortunately, this set is hard to get. There is only one store in my town that can even order it for me. :(

I contacted the seller from Craigslist and it is available. I am waiting to see if she will sell me the dresser by itself without the crib. I would have to drive about 10 hours and use my brothers truck in order to get it. My DH does not want me to get it because he likes having a lot of extra playroom in my DS room. He does not deal with the laundry and blankets and such that need storage!!

Unfortunately, this set is hard to get. There is only one store in my town that can even order it for me. :(

I contacted the seller from Craigslist and it is available. I am waiting to see if she will sell me the dresser by itself without the crib. I would have to drive about 10 hours and use my brothers truck in order to get it. My DH does not want me to get it because he likes having a lot of extra playroom in my DS room. He does not deal with the laundry and blankets and such that need storage!!

Any word yet?

Any word yet?

Yeah, she said she would split it up and sell the dresser for $150. Unbelievable deal. I really want to get it. The problem is DH. He just does not want to spend the $150 and drive 6 hours there and 6 hours back to get it. He says that he likes the fact that our DS has tons of room to play in his room and that we can survive without a dresser. :mad: :mad::mad: