L-max stylus pen stopped working

I bought a blue leapster for my son from leapfrog.com in the first week of december. its been a month since he has been using it, and the pen stopped working. :(

I dont believe that. He takes pretty good care of it. he has never dropped it.

Anybody had similar problems???

I am wondering what to do. I saw leapfrog.com sends replacement pen for $5, but should the pen even stop working after a month of use. Is this a defective leapster lmax???

I am not happy.

I am assuming it is the SCREEN not the pen. The pen doesn't actually do anything .. I mean you can use the DS stylus on the Leapster (My DD does this sometimes) Our touch screen went out on one of ours before but it was like 4yrs old and dropped/used ALOT.

I'd call Leapster and see what they say.....Our screen would work but you'd have to press it REALLY hard with your finger and slightly BELOW where you were actually pointing...SOME of the games can still be played on it using the controls and not the stylus so we kept it as a backup..

HTH

Update:

Yup, you guys are right! it was screen not the stylus.

I called Leapfrog customer service. They asked me to press a few things etc. And at the end said that its defective and needs to be replaced. They asked me to mail it to them and then 10-15 days later i will get a replacement.

Even though its not my fault, they say i have to pay for the shipping. well, anyway to get a working leapster. Its been 30 days already, I dont think they will just take it back. And even if i get a new one from some other store, no guarantee that that one wont be defective etither.

I told them ok. I will mail it first thing monday.

Pretty disappointed though. Expected these things to do well. Its not a cheap item.

UGH....I would totally try to return/exchange it at the store first!!! It's worth a try!

well i bought it at leapfrog website itself. i wasnt expecting a good reception, i have had lots of problems with their customer service. but i am glad that i am atleast getting a new one instead of just running out of 30 days return time.

well i bought it at leapfrog website itself. i wasnt expecting a good reception, i have had lots of problems with their customer service. but i am glad that i am atleast getting a new one instead of just running out of 30 days return time.

Maybe this is wrong :( but I would have purchased one, kept it, and put the broken one in the box for the store to send back to LeapFrog!!!

UPDATE:

Well the screen is working now. It has been going off and on since then.

What should i do? Should i send it back? If it works when they receive it, will they send the same one back or will they give a new piece.

I definitely know I have a defective piece, but will they understand this. :(

I wish the device can make up its mind, either not work all the time, or work all the time.

I don't know what it's doing, but mine was doing what the poster above said where you had to press really hard and sometimes below where you wanted to touch, and it just needed to be calibrated. Once I did that, it worked like a charm for 2 more years.

I am so STUPID!!!!!:gdangry4:

I sent the leapster back to them with the battery in it. I forgot to take the battery out. I tried calling them, but they are of course closed. Its 11.40pm EST. Tomorrow they are closed too. And i tracked my package, it has departed from NJ.

Oh man! I can kill myself for making such a stupid mistake. :chairshot:bigcry: