Sears Craftsman battery issue

They will not replace the battery! It is part of a power tool which isn't covered under the lifetime warranty. Only hand tools are covered.

From Wikipedia:

Craftsman hand tools have an unlimited lifetime warranty. The unlimited lifetime warranty is voided if the tool is used in an industrial or commercial environment. For these situations, there is a special unlimited warranty program. A common misconception among consumers still exists that the lifetime warranty includes Craftsman power tools and precision hand tools. Craftsman portable power tools, bench power tools, air compressors, lawn & garden products and other powered items carry various warranties. Sears offers Replacement Agreements and Master Protection Agreements on most of their tools.

In 2003 Sears removed the lifetime warranty from Craftsman flashlights. Another limitation to the warranty introduced in 2003 Craftsman tape measures carry a lifetime warranty on all parts except the blade itself. Almost any tool may be brought to a Sears store and exchanged for a replacement item. Some items are considered specialty tools, and thus not covered under the unlimited warranty.

After the merger, Kmart began selling Craftsman products; Kmart stores will also honor the lifetime warranties on any hand tools.

My battery on my drill died and it was cheaper to buy another drill rather than a battery!

After the merger, Kmart began selling Craftsman products; Kmart stores will also honor the lifetime warranties on any hand tools.

That's funny b/c I went to Kmart to exchange a tool and they would not exchange it. They said I had to go to Sears.

My battery actually started melting when I charged it and Sears wouldn't replace it. (Drill was 6 months old at the time) I bought a B & D pack with the drill, flashlight and two batteries and the batteries didn't last a full year. Went to Home Depot and saw that they changed the shape and design of the battery for the B&D so I was SOL again. I ended up with a Bosch Plus system with the Lithium battery and have no complaints. (Going on a year and a half now)