I'm looking for a deal on the Tax Year 2007 version of Taxcut.

Premium w/ fed only should be $19.99 base

Premium Fed+state should be $39.99

Premium Fed+State+e-file is $69.99 base

You can find deals less that these prices, but these are the going rates for each item to make sure it is less than. Compusa has shown practices lately on marking up some items then marking them down again, so just watch out.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I scored on a price mistake that Office Depot had on this. They advertised Premium/state/fed for $39.99 with a $10 card last week and when you went in the store, the signage on the shelf said Premium/state/fed plus e-file $69.99 minus $40 instant rebate and $10 gift card rebate. I took it to the register because it was a better deal and it rang up for $69. Showed the cashier the signage and she had the override.....I did not know and apparently they did not know it was not in the system.

Usually I get mine from the warehouse clubs, they usually have the best deal, but it is usually a little later around 1st week of Feb. before you start to see them.

• 2 weeks later...
Staples has a $10 gift check rebate (available as easyrebate online) with purchase of select Taxcut products (sku 713658, 713662, 713660). Rebate begins 12/30/07 and ends 02/16/08. I combined this with a $20 off of $100 purchase card I received in the mail and bought other software that was free after instant and mail in rebates. Total $126.75 minus the $20 made my purchases $106.72 and I mailed/online for rebates of $90. This will make my $39.99 Taxcut plus state and federal $16.72 the other software free.

• 2 weeks later...