Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Went to a ST nearby mainly to get groceries since I know they usually don't have any clearance deals; it's a really busy store so most things are gone even before 75%. But I managed to find one thing. There was a Little People Discovery Airport sitting on an endcap in toys without a sticker. But because I read other people buying it during the toys 75% clearance I knew it was clearance. I bought one for $19.99 before Christmas, so now I can take it back with my old receipt and basically get $15.00 back!

All bulk was only 15%, and kids shoes clearance was pretty much wiped out. I was looking for the boys camo rain boots that were clearanced at all the other stores. But this one had them for full price sitting with the new rain boots. Sporting goods was still 30-50%.

Anyone in St. Louis know if any Targets have the Def Leppard Guitar? I would love to get one for my business, I do kids parties and I have a Rock Star theme. Thanks in advance. Also, if anyone wants to sell one, please message me.

Are you talking about the Kool Toyz one? I actually saw one way up on a top shelf / against the wall here the other day - If it is still there I will grab it - sure it wouldn't be much to ship?

2 room dome tent with screened in room - sleeps 7-8 people Reg $120 - 75% off - $30

YAY!!!! Been watching it the last two weeks.

I've been watching this too. Did yours skip 50% and go straight to 75%? I thought it would go to 50% on this week's markdown but didn't. I checked several stores. Where did you find yours?

2 room dome tent with screened in room - sleeps 7-8 people Reg $120 - 75% off - $30

YAY!!!! Been watching it the last two weeks.

I overheard someone talking about this deal today. The lady and her family were asking someone of the employees about it but I think she missed out on the deal.

The bulk items were marked 15% to 30% off for me today...They had honey bunches of oats for $2.96. I printed 2 coupons from the link below and got each box for .96!

It will only let you print 2 coupons...After you print the first hit the back space and click on print again....Also it says $2 on chocolate clusters..But it works for all honey bunches of oats and scanned today for me with no problems..

http://www.kraftfoods.com/honeybunchesofoats/offers.html

Thanks so much for this FYI! Worked perfectly today!

Bulk Item Purchases Today:

Warm Delights - Hot Fudge Brownies - $2.99 --> $3.54

Clorox Disinfecting Wipes (Total of 4 in a package) - $6.99 --> $5.94!!!!!!!!! This is an awesome deal esp. for my classroom! We use these like crazy.

Mini Ravioli 3 Pack - $4.50 --> $3.82

Taco Bell Kit 2 Pack - $2.99 --> $2.54

I think it is interesting because I went into 2 different Targets today and each target had some different bulk items clearanced.

I found a wireless x-rocker evolution chair for $37. I haven't been a member long enough to post a link but you can find it on target.com.

If anyone notices the shutterfly things going down to 75% please post it. I'd love to be able to head to target everyday to look for new deals but I have a 3 1/2 year old, an 18 month old and 8 week old twins. By the time I get everyone up, fed, dressed and in the car it's time to come home. :giggle:

Shana

I feel for you too. When I had my twins I also had a 2 yr old, a 4 yr old & a 7 yr old. Now my twins are almost 3 (in Feb). It gets easier!!!! I promise! :cool:

I've been shopping Target toy clearance for many years and rarely have I've seen them go any lower then 75%. As the other op stated it will be salvage...however, I have seen - I believe it was two years ago a few toys that they red tagged at 85%. I defintely would not wait on getting the item because alot of the stores will salvage there items and send them out to liquidators.

HTH.

I have found a couple random toys 85% off, but only a couple. I've found other things 85% off too, but I have no idea why. My only guess is someone bought it, and brought it back well after it'd been 75% off, and they marked it 85%. My only reasoning behind this is months ago after they clearanced the dorm stuff, I found the pink clothes hangers 85% off. They were unloading a box of them. I wonder if they found the box in the back because it was about a month after they'd went 75% off. So it's possible but I sure wouldn't chance it on something I really wanted. If it does end up "item not found" they might not let you buy it at all!

I've been watching this too. Did yours skip 50% and go straight to 75%? I thought it would go to 50% on this week's markdown but didn't. I checked several stores. Where did you find yours?

I just purchased last night at the Amherst, NY store...put the price sticker said $80.xx!!! The cashier made me show her the receipt after I paid bcuz the sticker said $80.xx and she thought the tent didnt ring up!! Her expression was priceless after she saw the price on the receipt!!!:eyepoppin

I'm in upstate NY - one store went from 30 to 50%, checked another store and it had gone 30% to 75%. Keep looking in the sporting good aises because they are putting up the new tent displays and are going to need the room. I also went back and got an easy set up gazebo $80 - down to $20! Be sure to scan it because a lot of them were not even marked or marked incorrectly.

I dont know if anyone posted these or not yet, but I scored this weekend big time. I got a playhouse reg 129.99 for 32.98! a play center that has a slide and ballpit attached reg 99.99 for 24.98! I also got the wooden easels 75% off at 4.98. Slippers for 1.98 and a Winne the Pooh ride on toy for my son for Christmas next year reg 39.99 for 9.99. I am waiting for the 2 seater wagon to go more off its still sitting at 15% off.

Finally made a trip to Target yesterday and found a few good deals :)

3 pack of mini Nuetrogena lipglosses, $3.49

Hanes women's sweatshirt, $1.62

Small purse, $2.48

Cherokee v-neck shirt, $4.98

This was as the Columbia MO store.

Anyone else having problems finding the ball pit and house at 75% off? What are the chances that the baby stuff will go 75% off tomorrow? I noticed it was 50 and wanted to pick up some blankets and such.

Warning about the ball pit. I got it on Friday when it when down to $25 and it definitely is for the 12 to 36 month range as it is not very big. It does take forever to put it together, my sister and dad came over yesterday to put it together and it took the two of them an hour and a half to put together! It doesn't seem that complicated, but it has a ton of pieces.

With that being said my 20 month old LOVES it. She has been playing on it all morning.

Also, I don't know if anyone has talked about the play house. It is nice for the 32.xx but is not like Little Tikes quality. Again with that being said , my daughter loves it too. And that only took 15 minutes to put together.

I will say we only found these for 75% off at two stores by us, all the rest 9 others were all still only at 50%, trust me I went to 4 Targets Friday night and my parents went to a ton. I have to say I love living in the Chicagoland area I have SO many Targets here!

Are you talking about the Kool Toyz one? I actually saw one way up on a top shelf / against the wall here the other day - If it is still there I will grab it - sure it wouldn't be much to ship?

No, it's actually in the electronics department, it's a real electric guitar. But thanks for the offer!!! I should check eBay, people are probably unloading them there ;)

No, it's actually in the electronics department, it's a real electric guitar. But thanks for the offer!!! I should check eBay, people are probably unloading them there ;)

We have one left at our store if you are interested.PM me. Shipping may be a bit high because of the weight and needing to pack it carefully.

Warning about the ball pit. I got it on Friday when it when down to $25 and it definitely is for the 12 to 36 month range as it is not very big. It does take forever to put it together, my sister and dad came over yesterday to put it together and it took the two of them an hour and a half to put together! It doesn't seem that complicated, but it has a ton of pieces.

With that being said my 20 month old LOVES it. She has been playing on it all morning.

Also, I don't know if anyone has talked about the play house. It is nice for the 32.xx but is not like Little Tikes quality. Again with that being said , my daughter loves it too. And that only took 15 minutes to put together.

I will say we only found these for 75% off at two stores by us, all the rest 9 others were all still only at 50%, trust me I went to 4 Targets Friday night and my parents went to a ton. I have to say I love living in the Chicagoland area I have SO many Targets here!

Which towns had the items at 75% off? Thanks.

TOTALLY Agree!!!! I put together alone and it took me almost 3 hours- all those pieces! But my 2 yr old loves it and i am sure my 7 month old will too!

And the playhouse is a great indoor playhouse! We got ours in TN.

My trip today:

Scored a Bratz doll and acc for $6.xx (not marked on sale but I scanned it and it came up clearanced)

Smaller Bratz doll - $3.xx (not marked on sale but I scanned it and it came up clearanced)

Imaginex Castle $7.xx (customer return)

Adidas frangrace set $7.xx

Chefmate roasting set $3.xx

Other items I saw but did not buy:

Multi-game table and tabletop hockey/pool tables 50%

Playhouse 50%

All of the Dysons were gone and sewing machines gone

Shutterfly still 50%

WISH I'd seen this yesterday morning!! We've been wanting one for DD's birthday...but I just can't spend that much on a horse...but at $62, we would've zoomed up there for her!

I just called CS and they said "the pony is gone." Bummer! Could you let me know if you see another one?? We're on the look-out in NN, too....maybe another one will find it's way back to the store. :)

I will! DH is off tomorrow and I hope to get out by myself, or with one little one, and go to the Williamsburg, NN, and Hampton ones. I really want the Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair and I need a new bouncy seat. Hoping the baby stuff goes 50% off tomorrow.