Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

OK, called the one Target nearby that was still at 30% yesterday...they did go 75% today! My DD had ballet, but we headed over after that at 2pm. This is a brand new Target that just opened around Thanksgiving, and not so many people are aware that it's even open at all yet...they had about 4 rows of 50% off...which confused me, I asked a Target employee about it and he said it was mostly 75% off but they hadn't remarked it, but it would scan correctly...very confusing, but we managed to fill a cart to the brim and have both of us carrying things as well! Had to put back the play huts though (only 30% off) :( Here's what we left with!

Dora vanity-$19.98

Bella-6.24 (I had gotten this for her at another Target, but she was so excited, i had to let her get it today...i'll give the other one as a b-day gift or something)

Fairytopia dolls-$2.48

Disney Doll (x2)-$3.74!!!!! so excited about these!

Barbie set-$2.48

Lil Lovables-4.62 (had that already too...but she really wanted it)

Barbie heads-$4.98

Barbie-$7.48

Cabbage Patch Kid (FINALLY!!!)-$4.98

Carebears (x3)-$3.74

Doodle bear (horse actually)-$3.24

Cheetah Girls Bus-$18.74

Disney Shoes-$2.48

Dancing Kelly-$2.48

VFlash system-$22.48

VFlash Cars game-$7.48

Dora travel thingy-$1.56

Cabbage patch water kid-$6.24

We also picked up a green leapster system (they had one), just in case our pink one that we ordered doesn't arrive before our trip...I figure I can then return the green one...$59.99

Paid $208.43 (or less w/o the leapster)...i'm so proud of my little shopper....future gotta dealer on my hands...she was like "common mom, hurry!!!"

When I went yesterday they had a endcap with a sign that said 75 off but the toys were marked 30, 50 and one that was 75. So I took the one toy that was on there that I wanted and scanned it and it came up 50% off. So I went to put it back where I found it and their was another lady with the same toy I had put in my cart complaining that the sign said 75% off so I came up beside her and said me too!! They got a manager and she told them they would honor it and then told them to change the sign to 30%. So next time scan and then show it to a manger that the sign did say 75% off because at first we were given a hard time by the people who were stocking the toys. It was a whole display of toys not just in a row mixed altogether!

Oh man, I had an "encounter" with a snotty little cashier today who gave me the "it rings up 30% so that is what it is" today. I told her there was a sign that said 75% and there were a lot of the items on the shelf. She wouldn't budge and got all snotty with her tone. I said fine, keep them. So she is still ticked off and proceeds to literally throw the Thomas toys into the bag. Well, her nastiness was bad enough, but she actually ripped the packaging on one of the ones I wanted to give as a gift. I have had problems with the store before because they won't even attempt to look up a price if it comes up without one. In this case, no attempt to check, no looking at the signage/aisle. Just a flat refusal. So I called the 800 number while I was still in the parking lot. I was pretty ticked. I think there will be a little "re-training" on that cashier.

Oh, the item was a Mr. Magorium Sock Monkey & Book. It was cute, but not worth the hassle.

I just couldn't stay away. Target was calling my name this AM!!

I thought I had missed the toy sale but did OK,bought all 75% off thanks to all of you. Some toys were only 50%,those I'll wait & watch.

Large Darthvader transformer

2 Pinkey pie my little ponies

several brats sets inc one that does keroke

boxed set of elmo's

national geo. planet set.

leapfrog games.

I can play guitar $10 after coupon!

BEST DEALS today 90% off::gd_not_ri:banana01::gd_purple:banana:

4 80oz holiday softsoap .50

8 sets plastic silverware .25

photo orniment 3.00

misc holiday craft & scrapbook items

I just couldn't stay away. Target was calling my name this AM!!

I thought I had missed the toy sale but did OK,bought all 75% off thanks to all of you. Some toys were only 50%,those I'll wait & watch.

Large Darthvader transformer

2 Pinkey pie my little ponies

several brats sets inc one that does keroke

boxed set of elmo's

national geo. planet set.

leapfrog games.

I can play guitar $10 after coupon!

BEST DEALS today 90% off::gd_not_ri:banana01::gd_purple:banana:

4 80oz holiday softsoap .50

8 sets plastic silverware .25

photo orniment 3.00

misc holiday craft & scrapbook items

yours had leapfrog games?!?!?!?! I am SOOOO jealous right now.:eek:

yours had leapfrog games?!?!?!?! I am SOOOO jealous right now.:eek:

If your Target does not have them try WMart. It's very YMMV but they had clearanced the BF Leapad read & write system for $9 & twin pkg of books for it for $5 & the babyleap that attaches to the TV for $11. Hope this helps.

Decided to return the " I can play guitar" and determined not to get anything else but the milk and lightbulbs that I needed. There is a section at our Target with the returned 75% off toys. So I find the "i can play piano"...asked the cashier if the coupon (from the Parade) for the 10.00 off the guitar would work on the piano. sure enough it scanned (piano 6.xx)-so that coupon may scan for other toys as well.

We are still so pumped from our earlier Target adventure that I started calling up Targets further away...the next one is about 30min from us...they went 75% off already, but he said that they are getting a late Christmas truck in TONIGHT and will send everything on it directly to the 75% clearance!!!! So he said try tomorrow morning (no guarantees though he said). It's the Exton, PA store...we have a playdate at 11am, so it's cutting it close...but we just might have to run over! Am i setting a bad example? :cool:

If your Target does not have them try WMart. It's very YMMV but they had clearanced the BF Leapad read & write system for $9 & twin pkg of books for it for $5 & the babyleap that attaches to the TV for $11. Hope this helps.

OK, now i feel better...I thought you were talking about the games for Leapster systems, etc. Whew! thanks for clearing that up!:yup:

I do I do, my hubby has noooo idea the amount of stuff I have hidden in this house! Thanks goodness, I do however get the " you need to cut back on your Target trips " speech every couple of months, then I try to reign it in for awhile...luckily he gave me a $150 gift card to Target for X.mas so i got all my chrsitmas clearance and toy deals w/o him seeing it on the debit card :yup:.

OMG - I thought I was the only one who did this. I have to rush home from Target to hide all my bags in my closet or attic - I even forget what I have bought sometimes.....I get the Target speech every couple of months too! You can't even open my closet without something falling on your head and heaven forbid he might need to go in the attic for something.......:eyepoppin

I went to a another target today and everything was pretty well picked over, but I did get a pirates of the caribbean dress up set for 4.xx and a bratz horse for 3.24. I am still determined to find one of those crash n go highways, I am sure I will be looking for awhile!:)

I went to a another target today and everything was pretty well picked over, but I did get a pirates of the caribbean dress up set for 4.xx and a bratz horse for 3.24. I am still determined to find one of those crash n go highways, I am sure I will be looking for awhile!:)

Did you check in the regular isle? I found 2 of them today in the regular isle for $12.48. They didn't have any clearance stickers on them, but scanned that price.

We went to a target today about 30 mintues from our house because DH had an errand to do and I found.

1. Parents dresser puzzle 3.08

2. Care bear cheer with ribbon in her hair 3.74'

3. Barbie ballerina that rang up item not found. She was wearing a red tutu so I asked the cashier if she was from X-mas and she gave it to me for 4.99 - 90% so I got her for .50 Cents.

However the best deal I got was three backs of Disney princess stickers for my DD room. They are the large stickers that cling to walls for decoration they said orginally 13.99 and they rang up 3.46. I was so excited they are the glitter ones . I had just seen plain ones at HOme Depot which where 10.99 so for less money I got three packs.

Most of the other clearance was picked apart except this store must of had 20 tmx elmos .What a difference a year makes.

For me it's not really saving money. I still spend the same, I just get more/better stuff.;)

It's gonna be fun at gift exchanges this year. Most of my mommy friends stick to the unspoken $10 or less birthday gift rule. So will I, but our gifts are a bit bigger this year thank to GD.:)

wow $10?? I guess I need to move - it is not uncommon for a child to bring a birthday gift that costs $30 or more around here. I wish they didn't spend so much though - my son has so many friends and thus TOO many big toys!

wow $10?? I guess I need to move - it is not uncommon for a child to bring a birthday gift that costs $30 or more around here. I wish they didn't spend so much though - my son has so many friends and thus TOO many big toys!

It's the norm to spend about $25 a birthday gift here...any less and you look "cheap"...That's why I was sooooo excited with this sale...we have the best presents now, they look $30, but cost $4.98! yay!

THAT WAS ME!!!! I bought 7 for my Preschool. Were you standing in the isle at that time?? I got there about 12 or 12:15 and had my two kiddos in tow so I had to get one of the boys to bring out a flatbed to haul all my finds up to the Service desk. Those just appeared out of nowhere, i had seen them at the Prattville target and wanted on but they were $27 at the time. Apparently they had them in the back all through christmas and didn't know where to put them. They brought them out about 25 of them and they were gone in less than 24 hrs! Sooo funny! I was laughing out loud when I read your post! I went back later that night and they were all gone, so i'm glad I bought them when I did :yup::yup::):cheesy:

AHHHHHHHH!!!

I went to the target in Greenwood, IN tonight and found a ton of those Art Easels and Art Desks. One was $13 dollars and the other was $9.98. They had about 20+ of the Easels and Desks. I was pretty amazed.

I don't have kids but I checked it out since everyone was talking about on here.

Also, in the Southport (greenwood), IN target - I found 3 of the "I can play Guitar" things with 2 cartridges. The guitars had clearance stickers but 2 of the guitars was marked $55 dollars. The other one was marked $19.99. The cartridges were $3.xx.

Hope this helps everyone!

OK, now i feel better...I thought you were talking about the games for Leapster systems, etc. Whew! thanks for clearing that up!:yup:

Target has the games for the grow with me learning system 75% off.

Watch for the Target summer sale if WM doesn't have the leappad games now for 2 for $5 by you.

Last year we bought babyleap, littleleap & cars leap pad & games for all 75% off. I bought them all so we're ready as my grandkids grow & extra's for gifts. I think I have almost every Leap toy they make!!

Usually electronics - on the endcaps. I have seen them on the endcap at plainfield in electronic in like a black display box.

They are white boxxes (looks like a book) that has shutterfly written in like pink or green. They are for photos.

Any news on whether the shutterfly books have been marked down past 30%?

THanks!!

Sorry but I didn't make it last night. DH just didn't understand the situation and I really don't think that me explaining it to him in detail would have helped. I'm sure there's nothing left by now :no:.

What part of Westchester? My very first job was at Caldor on Central Ave in Yonkers. I keep trying to remember Black Friday back then but I can't.

OMG that is so funny. I grew up in Yonkers, and yes, I remember Caldor!! :eyepoppin I know what you mean about DH (I thought about going last night but figured it would be pushing it!). I figure by the time I'm able to go again on Monday the aisles will be cleared out. There were people waiting as they were unpacking.

Another Yonkers girl here too -- spent many shopping days in central avenue caldors!

Finally made it to my store in Mich. today. (I was going Friday, but a truck...yes a truck smashed into the store :eek: that I work at and left me into a tailspin for a couple of days!!) So, of course, now there is nothing left. :mad: Oh well wasn't meant to be...but I did do well at Old Navy! :D

It's the norm to spend about $25 a birthday gift here...any less and you look "cheap"...That's why I was sooooo excited with this sale...we have the best presents now, they look $30, but cost $4.98! yay!

Hi Katiesmommy! I agree!! I have an entire "gift basement" which I just spent 2 hours rearranging in the vain attempt to fit all my toy purchases in there! :) If I recall you live in PA, correct? You may be my closest GDer on this thread geographically, except maybe a gal or two in VA..? I am in Ellicott City, MD which is between D.C. and Baltimore but closer to Baltimore. Things around here have gotten SO expensive it is ridiculous. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Baltimoron though so I'll probably never move anywhere else. :) We didn't get Targets here at all until about 1995 or so, so most of them are all newer looking and very nice. I guess I get something at least for living in like one of the most expensive states in the nation (groan).

Finally made it to my store in Mich. today. (I was going Friday, but a truck...yes a truck smashed into the store :eek: that I work at and left me into a tailspin for a couple of days!!) So, of course, now there is nothing left. :mad: Oh well wasn't meant to be...but I did do well at Old Navy! :D

OMG!:eek: are you OK????:confused: