Wii Warranty

you should always keep the receipt to prove you bought it and not off the back of a truck... that's what i believe anyways. they also need the date you purchased the item.

the wii warranty i think is a year. my friend's wii was having continual disc read errors and she sent it back to nintendo in november. i'm fairly sure they got it more than 90 days before that.

HARDWARE WARRANTY

Nintendo of America Inc. ("Nintendo") warrants to the original purchaser that the hardware product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs during this warranty period, Nintendo or a NINTENDO AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTER will repair the defective hardware product or component, free of charge. The original purchaser is entitled to this warranty only if the date of purchase is registered at point of sale or the consumer can demonstrate, to Nintendo's satisfaction, that the product was purchased within the last 12 months.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantytext_eng.jsp

The warranty is a year, and if you registered your Wii you got an extra 90 days on top of that. Ours starting acting up in October(we got ours on launch day), wouldn't read any discs, even brand new ones. I called and they sent out a new one with no problems at all. Nintendo has always been VERY good about warranty issues for me.

The warranty is a year, and if you registered your Wii you got an extra 90 days on top of that. Ours starting acting up in October(we got ours on launch day), wouldn't read any discs, even brand new ones. I called and they sent out a new one with no problems at all. Nintendo has always been VERY good about warranty issues for me.

I agree. Nintendo has been awesome to us as far as warranty repairs go. Never an issue at all! And they ship FAST :)

uhhggg now the holidays are over now i have to sit and pay some bills .. but now i have to sit and reg all these things uhhggggg .. they should come up with a system where when u buy it with a cc or mac card its reg lol.. ohhh how nice that would be ..

I just posted in the Technology, Gadgets section about registering my Wii on Nintendo for the extra 3 month warranty. Got my Wii Sept. 1 and started getting disc noise soon after. Then the errors on gamecube games and then on Wii games. So I called Nintendo and they emailed me a packing slip to Fed Ex the Wii in for repair. Said I will get it back 7-10 business days after they recieve it. Mailed it Fri. afternoon but w/the weekends and holiday it will seem like forever before getting it back. Too bad it finally gave out during Christmas break and the kids didn't get to play their new games.

I didn't know when you registered the Wii that it added another 90 days onto your warranty, but we got another 90 days added anyway because our system wouldn't even turn on after 90 days. Customer Service was great and had a new system mailed to me in three days. I know the warranty is for a year and I didn't even have to have my receipt. When I called Customer Service and gave them the serial number they knew the date, where and how I paid for my system. It was kind of creepy but really nice.

....When I called Customer Service and gave them the serial number they knew the date, where and how I paid for my system. It was kind of creepy but really nice.

When I bought ours at Toys R Us, they scanned the serial number into their system and it shows on our receipt - I bet that info is being transmitted back to Nintendo...