L-Max question

Jo'momma

I bought a brand new L-Max for my son as a Christmas present from Kohls on sale,ended up paying $55.Although I was wondering if anyone would know if the L-Max is suppose to come with a cover,the one I bought does not have one and the box did not appear opened or returned.I sent an email to the company but I probly will not get a reply till late next week.

My son received an L-Max from my brother. It is gray and blue. There is a blue cover that is hinged so that you open it to play the games and close it to protect the screen. Wonder why yours doesn't have the cover? I know my brother got it from Circuit City when they had the special.

Thanks for the replies.I find it very odd the L-Max would not come with a cover.I found a spot on their website under 'support-find answers' that you can order a new one for $3.I'm going to find out for sure if it was suppose to be in the box,but as a last resort I guess $3 is acceptable.

Sorry I have not posted enough to link URL's.Go to Leapfrog.com>support>find answers>L-Max in search box>hit search button>the address and phone number to order one should be #5.

Thanks for the replies.I find it very odd the L-Max would not come with a cover.I found a spot on their website under 'support-find answers' that you can order a new one for $3.I'm going to find out for sure if it was suppose to be in the box,but as a last resort I guess $3 is acceptable.

Sorry I have not posted enough to link URL's.Go to Leapfrog.com>support>find answers>L-Max in search box>hit search button>the address and phone number to order one should be #5.

Ya $3 is not bad, but you will have to pay 6-8$ shipping, which hurts.

I also got one from Kohls and couldn't find the cover (my husband opened the package) and turns out I was lucky that I didn't throw away the packaging. It was taped to the back of the cardboard :) Weird place for it and if I hadn't looked hard I wouldn't have seen it.

Maybe checking the packaging if you still have it?

I have a question please for the people who ordered their L-Max's rom Kohl's. Can you tell me what date you ordered yours on please and the day you received it if you remember?? You can look up all the info on Kohls website. Just log in and click on the account link. If you checked out as a guest you can just enter in the order number. My L-Max's got cancelled and I am so so so upset. My girls were so disappointed. I had a feeling they would get cancelled because it seems like everytime I order somethng at a great price they get cancelled! This is the 7th or 8th time in 3 months.

Thanks so much I could use the help! I really appreciate it!!

Chandra

i would call leap frog myself. unless you have the reciept and can complain to the store you bought it at. unless leap frog got cheap, it should come with the cover. if you can't get relief from the store i would call leapfrog. i have had great experiences with the customer service there.

All 4 of our both leapsters and L-max' have the flip up cover.

LEAPFROG Customer service is AWESOME, they sent me a FREE battery for out old style Leapster because they don't stock them instores anymore!!! I also called and ordered my battery/charger set for our new Lmax and for some reason they only charged me $15 total no shipping....Aren't they like $30 in store...Maybe I got lucky...who knows..

Anyways sorry for rambling long story short: CALL :)

hi just wanted u to know i i also purchased the lmax and just tonight opened it for my son. well i didnt see the cover .. then i found it. lmax was in the box in a blister . well on the back of that was taped the cover.. i would relook at the peice it was blistered to.. hope that helps .. and if it is not i would call and demand one for free lol.. gl

All 4 of our both leapsters and L-max' have the flip up cover.

LEAPFROG Customer service is AWESOME, they sent me a FREE battery for out old style Leapster because they don't stock them instores anymore!!! I also called and ordered my battery/charger set for our new Lmax and for some reason they only charged me $15 total no shipping....Aren't they like $30 in store...Maybe I got lucky...who knows..

Anyways sorry for rambling long story short: CALL :)

did they charge you shipping for the cover?? I checked my sons Lmax and it does not have any cover. I checked every side of the box, in and out. I still havent opened my daughters lmax since i am saving it for her bday on 23rd. I hope hope hope it has the cover.

I am going to call them and ask for the cover....but wanted to know if they made you pay shipping on your cover. Because I dont think it will be worth it to pay $5-8 shipping for just a cover.:(

sry yours did not come with it.. i opened it tonight, and mine i would never have saw it if i was not not fighting the blister wrap to get it out, as it fliped forward and that is when i saw it taped to the back of the leapster cardboard. meaning the thing u pull out of the box has the leapster in a blister, as u pull the blister off flip that cardboard over that is where mine was taped. . hope that helps someone .