last minute gift for mom

bsutton1

So, I have already gotten my mom a $100 gc to Stein Mart. That's what she asked for. I also for her a $25 gc at Kohls. She dont know about that one. I would like to get something else besides gift cards.

Any ideas on something really inexpensive? She mainly likes things for the house.

A plant with the gift cards on those sticks as "flowers". A vase with a bouquet with the gift cards. An organizer box (whatever she might use--shoes, wrappingpaper, craft) with the gift cards inside. A kitchen trash can, cards inside (ok, I want a new trash can...what can I say). One of those desk organizer things for stationary (cute set at Target). A planner for the New Year (love mine, don't like the PDA--check an office supply store). Glass display jar, filled with potpourri or whatever (saw a cute one at Bed, Bath and Beyond).

Hope that Helps.

I got my mom a beautiful jewelery box from Kohl's. $85 originally, on sale for $34. Not sure if that's still the price, but it's gorgeous! (so nice that I bought one for myself from a gift card I got from my MIL) :)

You could always tuck the gift cards in that.

I like the plant idea above, too!

How about a throw or blanket in her favorite color. Or maybe a new bathrobe.

Bath and Body Works has "The Sweetest Softest Robe on Earth" for $39.00 online and I belive it is $35.00 in the store. They have been giving coupons for $10 off a $30 purchase coupons in your bag when you made a purchase at their store. You could buy a travel size lotion or antibacterial cream for $3-$3.50 and get the coupon for the robe.

Does she like pretty stationary? You can find some very pretty stationary at Barnes and Noble and Borders. You may even consider getting her a book. Maybe about dogs or crafts, anything she is interested in.

Have a great Holiday!

How about this? This is unique. Wouldn't come in time for Christmas but you can print out the page and tell her it is coming, just white-out the price.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2Bgrll9enL._AA280_.jpg

it reverses to brown burlap, too.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Food-Programme-Feed-Bag/dp/B000M3OP6A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1198463385&sr=8-1

A bag for a good cause -- the FEED bag is modeled after the grain bags used to deliver food to schools in need around the world. A sturdy reversible bag, made out of natural burlap and cotton, it is a tangible way to make a difference in the fight against world hunger. Every FEED bag sold will feed one child for a whole year in school.

---------------

okay, just realized it was out of your price range. Just thought it was something moms would like. :)

How about picture frames? Kohls has great sales on those usually. Or a new vase? Kirkland's has a clearance sale goign on now too, they have nice things for inside a home.

^^ she has dozens of throws. Thats out. I'm already getting her a gc to Kohls.

I may go up to Kirklands tomorrow and look around. I wish we had a Home Goods close by. She likes that store too.

I already put the smaller gc in a big box in a big gift bag. I put the larger gc in a small gift bag.

If you have not gotten it yet how about getting a frame and then stand with her in front of the tree for a pricture have it printed and put it into the frame for her. I know I love pictures of my kids and when they take the time to make is special by adding a frame or taking the time to have one taken at an event it is fun to look at. Also how about taking her for lunch, give her the gift of your time, just a note in a card that asks her to lunch one day soon, or dinner or breakfast, what ever works for you. Just you and her and just an hour of your time it is worth more than you could ever dream.

I got her this Diffuser Garden at Kirklands. Its this little garden covered in seashells. In the middle, is glass of oil with sticks sticking out. On the right and left side of the oil are candle holders for candles. The candles together with the scent of the oil gives a nice smelling aroma that fills the room its in.