PSP accessories

You need to get a SD memory card so he can save a game without having to restart it every time. I'm getting my son one for Christmas and KB toys had a good deal online yesterday, a 512 MB memory card for $8.00, regular $39.99. They are sold out online but you might could check in the store.

Is he being deployed somewhere that he will have regular access to electricity to charge the PSP? If not you can buy a battery unit that uses AA batteries to recharge it. I believe energizer makes one and igo makes a battery unit with different tips for different items(cell phones, ipod, psp, etc). You can buy on ebay pretty cheap or igo.com and I believe radio shack carries them. Hope this makes sense and that it helps.

It doesn't take sd cards, it takes sony pro duo memory sticks. Id say some cheap umd movies... you can also put them on the memory. You can also put some pictures on there. He could have pics of family while away from home. Music can go on there too. Also you can find a battery pack that has longer battery life (never know when youll be able to charge it) for around $20. Its really worth it. Not only would he have an extended life battery he would have two. oh! a hard case with storage for the games. I dont remember if that set comes with headphones. I think that that is all i have.

Summary:

fill the memory card

umd movies

extra extended battery

case

headphones

definately need the headphones, they are not included in the bundle. Any type will work however you need the adaptor to plug them into. I haven't looked recently but as far as I know you need to buy the sony psp headphone pack. I haven't seen just the adaptor sold on its own.