Need Dora dollhouse (or similar?) for 7 yr old!

hopeky94

My office is buying for several kids for Christmas this year, and since the names came from my church, I'm coordinating it. I found out today, due to a coworker's own financial problems, I've got one more of the children to buy for personally-- and I have to have all of the gifts for these kids bought and to the church by this coming Sunday!!:shock:

The problem is: this is a 7 yr old girl, and the ONLY thing listed on her wish list is a "Dora dollhouse." The only one I can find online is the Dora Talking Dollhouse, and I can't afford to spend that much for one gift, since I'm planning to buy clothes for her, too! :no:

So here's my questions:

- Is there another Dora dollhouse that she could have been referring to that might be less expensive?

- IMO, it seems unusual for a 7 yr old to ask for this, since my 3 yr old great-niece is into Dora but her 6 yr old sister is into High School Musical, Hannah Montana, and Princess stuff... So I'm thinking there must be something in particular that she likes about this dollhouse, as opposed to any generic dollhouse. Any ideas of what it could be-- and what I could get instead that might have that same appeal to it??

TIA for any and all help!!!!:yup:

wow...yeah dora only has one dollhouse (the talking one), we picked it up for $15 on amazon last christmas (my daughter is 6, loves hannah and hsm, but also dora)...she also has a magic castle. Both are alot of money since you dont have enough time to get them online/shipped...i'm going to look for you later though...

There is also the Dora Magical Castle.. it is 39.99 at TRU, but they have been running it on their % off sales. It was 50% off on BF, and it is in today's ad for 30% off, I think. Also, Amazon has some of the furniture sets for $5-$7.

Also, Amazon has the loving Family dollhouse, (African American version) for 15.99, reg. $39.99.

My daughter got a Dora castle along with some figures last year for Christmas from my mom that is small enough for a kid to carry around by a handle. I'm pretty sure it was under $15. Check the Dora aisle at Walmart. That's the last place I saw it. I'm pretty sure they've come out with a similar version since then.

So there's a Dora castle at Walmart? Do you think it would be something a 7 yr old would like? Or is there something else with features similar to the dollhouse that you think might be a better fit?

Thank you to all PP's-- unfortunately, the closest TRU is about 30 miles away and in a VERY busy shopping area, so I really doubt I'll be able to go there. And there's not really enough time to have anything shipped from Amazon.

But I appreciate you all putting on your thinking caps for me and offering suggestions!! If anyone thinks of other places or things to look at, please post those too! :)