"Laptop" for 3YO boy?

kren

Hi guys, my son constantly wants to play with my daughter's Leapster, but he's really too young for it. I have preK games for the Leapster and they're really all too advanced for him, though he likes to noodle around with them. I don't want to get him his own Leapster this Christmas - saving it for next Christmas.

In the meantime, he also loves her little fake Barbie laptop, which does almost nothing and isn't at all educational. So I figured one of those learning laptops would be a great idea for this year. But which one to get? Can anyone recommend the best one for about $30? I don't want one you have to hook up to a TV, or one that works with a real computer ... just one of the "play" laptops that is suitable for a kid who doesn't read yet.

THANKS!

Have you thought about the My First Leappad ages 3-6 I think. I believe the are on sale online (look for Leapfrog 12 days of deals thread) the books and tapes are real cheap too. There is also the Little Touch leappad which is good for age 6mons to 3 years. Target has a small laptops (not sure of brand) one is Winnie the Pooh aThomas and a bob the builder all were under 30 I think you can see them online at their website. HTH.

Thanks Shopping Mom, but we had the Little Touch and it just didn't work too well, plus I really don't want to invest in a whole 'nother round of cartridges and such (we already have the regular LeapPad, plus the Leapster). I'm just looking for a self-contained unit. Elena, I will check out the Hot Wheels laptop; am worried about its recommended age, though. Amazon says it's 5-8 (at which point, I may as well get the Leapster)

i bought my daughter the vtech tote n go laptop. she just turned four. i think it would be fine for threee as well. looks like a real laptop to her and no cartridges to buy. about 30 different activities on it. Some she can play now and some probably in a year, so should be fun for a while.

in store at walmart and target for under $20