walmart vizio 50" TV

liz harley

reason why so cheap--> PLASMA ewww. life span of these are awful :(

Actually alot of the newer plasmas have a life span very close to LCD life span....The older plasmas had short life spans..but the newer ones are lasting alot longer.

How long do you expect one to last? LOL. I have two Pioneer 50" that I bought back in 2003 and they still work fine and looks great! Well worth the price and no motion blur like LCDs.

LCD's have so much love, but its funny how most of the LCD's even some of the high quality ones have motion blur issues..I went from being an LCD fan to a plasma fan....Does this mean i wouldnt buy an LCD? Nope, still looking for one for my bedroom since i dont need a 42+ inch TV in the bedroom.....But im still playing 99% of my games on plasma

How long do you expect one to last? LOL. I have two Pioneer 50" that I bought back in 2003 and they still work fine and looks great! Well worth the price and no motion blur like LCDs.

I have a Black Friday special plasma by Magnavox from 2005 that still works fine, and it is on most of the day, every day. Picture still looks amaing!

I have read about plasmas (before I bought one), and plasmas having a shorter life span is a myth. The only main disadvantage to a plasma is the weight.

TRue in fact MOST Plasmas specs are better than LCD's especially in viewing angle and contrast! You will do good finding a 50" lcd with 2000 contrast where a plasma can have over 10,000. Most plasma's have a 50,000 hrs USAGE life and a 8hrs a day (avg.) the tv is on thats over 15years! I have 3 (2-42" and a 50") and love it! on to th main ? the vizio at wally world is a good TV but not a GREAT deal at 999.99 thats like 300.00 off!

reason why so cheap--> PLASMA ewww. life span of these are awful :(

LOL!!! This is like the 2nd or 3rd post I've seen that you've 'knocked' plasma's in favor of LCD's.

Granted, just like anything else, there are some cruddy plasma's out there. And true, the first plasma's didn't have much of a lifespan. But today's panels should provide an approximate 20-year plus life. And as previously pointed out, have a wider viewing angle and no "blur" with fast-action scenes. Plus, with an actual glass panel, less chance for kids to be destructive (with crayons, markers, throwing sharper toys, etc). I've yet to see a plasma with a bad pixel, but I've seen plenty of LCD's with bad pixels. Nothing like that annoying green, permanent 'dot' in your screen. Color rendition? Well, how many digital photo/movie editors rely on LCD's?

It's really a matter of what fits a person best. I prefer plasma over lcd, having had both. I think LCD is a close second, though.

I had a 50" Visio plasma for about a year in my living room, traded up for a 50" Panasonic (Visio didn't have the built-in tuner). One of my Wal-Marts still has two of the 50" Visio's in stock (I think they're priced right now at around $1200).

Yes I was able to buy the 50 inch Vizio. Our local Wal-Mart had 2 in stock and I was the only person there. However after having the TV mounted we discovered a minor defect. I spoke with a Wal-Mart Manager about an even Excahnge. I was told this was a special they had only for the secret sale. They gave me a choice to upgrade to either a Sanyo or Phillips (both 50 inch) retailing for more than $1400.00, with no extra cash out of pocket. Way to go Wal-Mart. Thank you all for your posts.