CHEAP gift for 12 yo girl

We decided to exchange gifts with my sister's kids on Christmas Eve this year because her boys will be at their dad's on Christmas Day. The problem is, I bought my 12yo niece a DS game but Santa is giving her the DS on Christmas morning so I obviously can't give it to her until AFTER that. So I need a CHEAP gift to give her on Christmas Eve so she isn't left out. I will see her on Christmas Day so I can give her the REAL gift then.

My daughter is about the same age, and for her at anything like Mary Kate and Ashley jewelry from Walmart,alot of cute stuff real cheap,works great.Also I don't know if your niece is into the whole Hannah Montana rage that's going on now ,but we missed out on concert tickets and I saw today they are preselling tickets now online for a one week only showing of the Hannah disney digital 3D Movie for the beginning of February. I took my son to see Nightmare Before Christmas in disney 3D and we both thought is was pretty cool. I purchased some tickets for Hannah M. movie off Fandango and printed the confirmation to stick in a card for one of her gifts...

I know this doesn't help your problem for Christmas eve...but did you see in the toys r us 2 day sale for this weekend, the Hannah Montana DS game is 9.99 (Fri late, Saturday early).

For Christmas eve, they have a keychain digital camera for 9.99.

They also have CD walkman players....9.99

I did see the ad, unfortunately the nearest TRU is 45 minutes away and we won't be there Fri. or Sat. She's sort of a tomboy, the game I got her is WWE wrestling (that's what she asked for)

But I will let her mom know about these games, cause I think she is still needing to get her a couple. If she wants to make the drive , she can ;)

Our DD is 13, I'd say Hannah Montana CD, etc, Or High School Musical if she's in to that. Stuffed toys are still big here--they are now used to listen to all the angst of middle school. Or books, but DD is a real bookworm, so that may not be universal. The Faerie Path was a big hit for her birthday.

Jewelry of any type is great, and if she's allowed nail polish that's a big hit, too. My sister buys DD purses, ususally from Marshalls or TJMaxx, or Target.

Hope that Helps!

i know that you said she is a tomboy, but goody's has bracelets that are not too girly. my girls love them. pj's are always great gifts. maybe try a used book store (someone mentioned the books). maybe a gift certificate to the mall for $5 or $10 (they do that around here where you can buy a gift certificate to the mall and spend it at any store)