Amazon.com retracted my order over a week later.

I woke up at 4:00am in the morning on Black Friday, November 23, and saw a great deal on the MX Revolution mouse for $36.99. I immediately bought it, received an email stating that it will be shipped on November 28 (a little bit slow I thought), and patiently waited until the November 28.

I received an email on the 28th, expecting an order shipping confirmation, but instead I received this.

We're writing about the order you placed on November 23 2007 00:31 PST

(Order#############) Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

"Logitech MX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse" [Electronics]

Estimated arrival date: 12/08/2007 - 12/10/2007

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

I say to myself don't be mad, just wait a week or two more. So I waited until December 1st, and wow I received this email.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We regret to inform you that an error caused the following item(s) to

be displayed at an incorrect price:

Logitech MX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse

In accordance with our posted policies on pricing, we are unable to

offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we have

cancelled your order for this item.

I understand if it is just a day or two to cancel my order, but I had to wait for over a week. Should I call them and complain, or will that not get me anywhere. Please, this is the first time it I've encountered this type of situation. What should I do?? Thank you.

Good luck with that...I think that I have read the same thing on the Amazon forums that orders were cancelled for incorrect pricing and heard mention that it's in their terms & conditions, so they are covered. But I do not know that for a fact, so you might want to read up on their site.

I'm still fighting with Amazon about a Black Friday deal that they shipped without all the parts (bundle). They are using every excuse in the book, each email back states a new reason for their non-shipment, and they are refusing to ship the balance of the items described in their BF listing. :gdparanoid:

wow that is horrible service I ordered a wii on black friday and I'm still waiting for it, I hope they dont cancel the order, I think in your case it's false advertisement but I do not know all the terms and conditions, Amazon has had alot of compliants in the past, if all else file a claim with BBB,consumer affairs when you get the time...

Yes, this happened to me with Amazon too. I ordered a ton of books during one of their sales about a month ago and after a few weeks, I was told that they were cancelling my order due to pricing errors. They also drug it out and did it a few books at a time until finally they cancelled all of them. I called and complained and they say it is in their terms and condiitons. I did get a $10 gift card for my trouble, but I don't think I will be shopping Amazon as much in the future. Their customer service was horrible and I don't like that they can just cancel orders at their discretion, especially when the items are still in stock, just at higher prices.