Games for for adults for Nintendo DS

Since I bought hubby his psp AND gps I am going to buy myself the Nintendo DS. I am going to wrap it and put it under the tree from him, LOL.

Give me some good game ideas for it. I like Mario games and such but not sure what to buy.

Also, can I get it anywhere cheaper than $129?

THANKS!!

Clubhouse Game is an excellent buy. It has everything from checkers to poker to darts.

It really depends on the type of games you like.

Here are some of the ones I enjoyed:

Super Collapse 3 - I loved the computer game, so a perfect fit for me

Tetris DS

Hotel Dusk Room 215

Phoenix Wright games

Trace Memory

Brain Age

Elite Beats

Super Monkey Ball

Mario Hoops

You can also check out gamespot.com - they rate games and give you an idea of which ones are good.

I like these also.\

Tetris

Super Collapse

Dr. Mario (not on DS cartridge yet so I have it on Gameboy Advance cartridge I could play for hours

Brain Age

Polarium

Meteos

Monopoly

I had a bunch more but my DS got stolen out of my bag at the children's swim meet,so I am slowly buying back some of my favorites and will wrap and put under the tree for me from "SANTA" I have already bought my new pink DS and brain age 2

Clubhouse Game is an excellent buy. It has everything from checkers to poker to darts.

It really depends on the type of games you like.

Here are some of the ones I enjoyed:

Super Collapse 3 - I loved the computer game, so a perfect fit for me

Tetris DS

Hotel Dusk Room 215

Phoenix Wright games

Trace Memory

Brain Age

Elite Beats

Super Monkey Ball

Mario Hoops

You can also check out gamespot.com - they rate games and give you an idea of which ones are good.

I sneak my dd's DS after she goes to bed (shhhh...don't tell her!), and I like to play Brain Age, My Word Coach, Mario Kart, and all of the ol' skool card and board games like Sorry, Uno, Skip-Bo, etc. The ol' skool games are cool cuz you usually get 2 or 3 on the same cartridge. I usually pick them up "for my dd" for under $20.

Some of my favorites to play are : ANimal Crossing :Wild World, any Zelda games, Wario Ware Touched, New Super Mario, and Super Princess PEach. Im hoping someone gets me some brain age games for Christmas. Oh, and I picked up Meteos Disney Magic at TRU, I have a feeling I will like that one, even tho its for my DD lol.

WarioWare Touched! Highly addictive and great mini game format. Zelda, Mario Kart, Princess Peach, New super mario bros. You should really like all of these games.

And if you like to think a little the phoenix wright series is great as well. Especially when you use the mic and shout Objection!! The only really bad games on the ds are some of the ones younger kids like. Mostly the movie release type games. The exception to this would be the lego star wars games. Anyway there are plenty of mario type games to choose from.

I'm an adult DS owner, and here are the games I have (keep in mind I'm partial to RPG's)-

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Hotel Dusk: Room 215- This would be my biggest recommendation, great old-school point-and-click adventure

Harvest Moon DS

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Pokemon Diamond

Lunar: Dragon Song

Magical Starsign

Final Fantasy III

I'm an adult DS owner, and here are the games I have (keep in mind I'm partial to RPG's)-

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Hotel Dusk: Room 215- This would be my biggest recommendation, great old-school point-and-click adventure

Harvest Moon DS

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Pokemon Diamond

Lunar: Dragon Song

Magical Starsign

Final Fantasy III

How does Harvest Moon compare to AC? I keep wanting to get HM for my DD, but I'm just not sure. I know its a different setting & all, but do you find it fun? We all love AC, and my DD has it on the gamecube as well as DS.

I really can't comment since I don't own a DS or even know what games are available for it. I guess it depends on your own preference, but don't limit yourself to just one spectre of games. You'd be surprised to see what you like if you give it a chance........I also find it funny as anything to watch the 30 plussers @ work whipping out the DS and playing Pokemon of all things.

How does Harvest Moon compare to AC? I keep wanting to get HM for my DD, but I'm just not sure. I know its a different setting & all, but do you find it fun? We all love AC, and my DD has it on the gamecube as well as DS.

HM: DS is a great game, with one big issue-- glitches. However, newer copies may have them fixed. It is an addictive game, but getting the full enjoyment almost requires looking at strategy guides online; finding the "sprites" can be tough. I'm a big HM series fan, and I love it, but may be biased. The newer HM, Rune Factory, plays more like a traditional RPG, but with farming elements. Though in both games you play as a boy, girls will enjoy it as well. There are some other HM titles scheduled for future release; great HM site here- http://www.fogu.com/hm/

If you have a Gamecube, check out HM: Magical Melody (fun HM that has the option to play as a girl) and HM: Another Wonderful Life (the girl verison of A Wonderful Life).