My call do best buy corporate

lovebears65

Ok I sat in line for 24 hours to get the 47 inch LG 1080p LCD TV for 1499. We went up there Weds night at closing to make sure they had one in stock and talked to a gentleman in TVs. He said sure we had plenty get in line early and you are sure to get one since its not a ticket item:confused:.. So we go at 5am on Thanksgiving Day. Got our ticket items and run right to TVs. Guy says only TV they have LG is 1999.99. I said well that is the TV on sale. He goes to the computer sure enough that is the right TV. He goes to the back and says NOPE none in stock:chairshot:chairshot .. Well, we were none to happy. He did this whole spill that he can order it yada yada have it shipped to us in jax and we pay shipping then they would reimburse the shipping charge. Didn't want to go through the hassle, and didn't have no manager to fight with to get another one for that prices. Sooo we say ok no TV get our other stuff check out go home. Come home Sunday. Look online and low and behold that TV still on sale in store only. I called 3 Jacksonville stores . 1 said they did not have it ( didn't really expect them too since they just opened up 2 weeks prior to black Fri) an older store and orange park. Every store I called they said they had one in stock put me on hold then would come back to say NOPE none in stock only the newer model that was 2400.00. Same TV same specs but it was 2400. :gdangry4: Soooo I call cooperate yesterday and talked to Bill .. Explained my spew and he said sorry sale is over online and there is NOTHING he can do.. I said are you kidding me you advertise in the paper you have this item and NO store from Pcola to Jax has it but you have the more expensive one . Sounds like bait and switch to me :yup: I got tired of talking to him so asked to speak to his supervisor on which I got Eric. He said the same spilll as Bill did but I said this is way poor customer service. I told him how much money I spent on black fri each year and what I would have spent had I gotton that tv this year and I was taking my buisness elsewhere .. You see now that 1999.99 tv is online has plenty in stock but on Sunday it did not :confused: The guy tried to tell me that someone bought all the tvs on Weds night around closing probably and that is why no tvs.. Im like NO i was at closing on Weds night.. Store is not open on Thurs and I was 4th in line on Fri morning and the people in front of me only wanted lap tops and I was not the only one who wanted the tv who got the same line.. So I told him after I pay off my best buy card ( which will be in Jan I Never keep a balance just use for black friday and reward points) I was cutting it up and never using best buy again. He said is there anything other then getting that tv for you I can do. I can not get it for the 1499 prices.. I said you tell me what you can do. He then says . If I purchase a tv in the month of Dec to send him a receipt and he will give me a 200.00 back on the purchase.. The tv had to be @ least 1499.. Sooooooo I guess I am hoping for a great deal before chrismas so I can get a good tv but I think best buy corporate has horrible CS

Overall, am satisfied w/ bestbuy. You DID though get the wrong end of the stick with this deal, especially after spending the amount of time, research, networking, and even afterwards to fix THEIR mistake. Some customer manager(s) should be identified by name, as well as associates to report to several bb points of contact. I.E. not just that particular store, but it's district AND try corporate again. I'd also walk in with a bbb report / local media poc's and factually state their poor actions are about to result with you blowing the whistle.

My only horror story is their price matching & coupons they've had over the past month ALWAY result in a delay tactic by the customer service counter. i.e.: both last sunday & last nite, I had to wait over :20 min for a price match. I usually canvas 05 stores within 30 miles this time of year, and ALL are having either empty stores (more employees standing around than customers), or not understandable poor customer service.

Diff item not BF but I get the same crap from my store too. We bought a computer this summer and of course they didnt have the monitor in stock, they ran a sale on THAT monitor the same week we bought our computer bundle. They told me they didnt have it in stock and that they could order and ship it to me in 7 to 10 days and of course my old monitor could be used til then. They then tried to order it and came back to tell me that it was on back order. That it would now take 2 weeks minimum to receive it. I then told them that back order meant just that, they had a line ahead of mine in ordering and that who in the hell knew when I would receive my monitor. !!!!!! WTF?

I screamed and caused a scene instore until they gave me the one on the shelf, which I wasnt thrilled about but I couldnt get my bundle that cheap anywhere else either, they thought they'd come across the devils spawn when I started in. (FYI it was a bigger monitor than advertised in the bundle)

We also bought a 50in. Toshiba DLP this spring, when we went to BB we had checked online and called to see if they were in stock, yada yada yada, all the same that OP did, only to get there and find.....

None in stock but they had the next higher model. Of course they could order it and have it shipped to us. Came back and told us it was .. you guessed it.... ON BACK ORDER!!

We left and went to HHGREGG and got it $200 cheaper and got a deal of deals on our surround and all the hdmi cables for next to nothing!

I go to CC now before I go to BB.... and CC sucks and always has, pretty bad huh? I try to go anywhere but BB, they have the worst CS and sales practices anywhere hands down.

I feel for ya, Ive been exactly in your spot.

Come to think of it the last 2 computers we've bought they have had half the bundle missing when we got there to purchase, due to "sales" on monitors etc.....

WHAT A A JOKE THEY ARE!!

Good story here, I bought a TV last week, trying to get the NO INT until 2009... well my wife wanted to get the most out of the money she spends, we were getting the 56 inch Sammy DLP, well of course on Tuesday night they didnt have any in stock, so they had 2 of the same TVs on the floor one looked rather old and one had just been put out about a day or 2 prior to Tuesday... so my wife asks about the open box item, well the associate says you can get the floor display for 1599 but you have to take the old one, b/c the new on is our floor display,my wife almost came unglued, b/c the old TV had been on the floor for atleast 4 weeks, that's just how long we've been looking......

Well needless to say we ordered the TV and the associate says well it will be ready Dec 1, but of course we dont get shipments on Saturday so call sometime on Friday to see if its in..... well i called and the guy says no its not here, she calls back and all of a sudden its there (not in the computer system) but its in the stock room.... dorks