Leapster or Pixter

I had been looking for a Pixter for my daughter. After not being able to find one, I ended up buying her a Leapster. My sister-in-law just emailed and said she found a Pixter and bought it for her for Christmas.

Are these two handhelds different enough for my daughter to have both or should I take the Leapster back or give it to someone else as a gift? I know she would love the Leapster, it was actually my first choice, but was going to bypass it for the Pixter (if I could find it) since it was such a good deal. I would feel bad keeping the Leapster and taking back the Pixter, although i'm sure my sister-in-law wouldn't care.

Which do you think is better? Are they different enough to keep both?

Thanks!

Trust me, keep the Leapster. I can't really comment on the Pixter because my dd never had one. I bought dd9 a Leapster when they first came out (she was 5 then). Let me tell you...I have NEVER regretted that purchase. In fact, it was the best gift I ever purchased. My dd STILL won't part with hers and pulls it out every now and then, even though she now has a DS.

I probably shouldn't admit to this, but I always had fun playing it too.

Keep the leapster. My DD has had hers since the original BIG one came out and STILL plays with it daily. We recently updated it to the Lmax and my 4yr old also got the Lmax. We own EVERY title. They just got DS's (my oldest son and my daughter) and they still choose the leapster over the DS'.

As for the Pixter if you notice they are phasing it OUT finding cartridges is getting to be impossible...Leapster is here to stay for awhile I believe and although they have updated it and changed it MANY times it has always taken the same cartridge (which I LOVE BTW!!) Leapfrog is also a GREAT company to deal with , they have always been very very helpful anytime I needed anything!

HTH

Oh and yes I'd take back the Pixter, it isn't going to be touched if she gets the Leapster...Just return it for a few Leapster games and then everyone wins..I am sure your sister would understand. My kids get lots of doubles so we exchange things alot....I don't ever make a point to tell the person I exchanged it BUT if they asked I'd just explain the situation :)