Upgrading the $399 Sony Vaio's ram? Anyone do it? merged

jpholic

My wife and I scored 2 of the Sony laptops yesterday morning. It has the 1 GB (2 512MB sticks of PC2-4200 ram). I was wondering if I could go back with PC2-5300 ram? It's only upgradeable to 2 GB, do you guys think it'll be worth it?

It'll be worth it...trust me...Vista works smooth with 2gb.

We told the best buy we wanted the 2 gig upgrade on the viao and they did upgrade but the cashier didnt ring it out . We didnt relize till we got home from jax .. I feel bad should I call best buy and tell them or just say BONUS.. Since I am mad at them anyway for not having the Tv advertised not in stock I am saying this was my reward we got 2 viaos too so that is 104 dollars plus installation :eek:

we upgraded it and it was well worth the upgrade plus best buy forgot to charge we didnt relize till we got home to jax we shop in pensacola . I feel bad but dont know if we will call best buy or not since they didnt have the tv we wanted in stock that was advertised :shock:

How much was the installation charge normally per laptop? $30? The ram deal there was $54 per set. so i was wondering what the real savings was!;)

How much was the installation charge normally per laptop? $30? The ram deal there was $54 per set. so i was wondering what the real savings was!;)

It was 54 for each computer for the ram and 39.00 for installation x that by 2 so 186.xx and change would have been my cost for both lap tops ram and installations .. My cost out of pocket a big fat 0.. Serves them right for not having our TV :tongue1:

I also bought one of the Sonys for $399. I looked for some specs on the Best Buy website and it says that it should come with a wireless mouse. Did anyone get a mouse included with their Sony laptop?

The mouse and other items were only included in the $499 priced bundle. Did you get the bundle?