$299 laptop not honored online

i007386

I have been told that the $299 laptop is sold out, not offered online, and still being updated in their systems. I have been unable to get the same answer twice from anyone in the Manilla call center. The last rep was able to transfer me to a new recording, as of 6:35am CDT, that states the phone center cannot assist with the $299 laptop.

I did get several reps try to upgrade me to a more expensive laptop, but none would permit me to speak to a supervisor and always hung up on me when I asked for one. I did get one rep to tell me that he is required to tell me that it is an in store special, but that it was sold out before the sale started and that there are almost none in the system at any of the store locations. I don't know how reliable this information is, since no two of the other reps told me the same story other that they were sold out online by 4:29am CDT.

It's just the way they bait & switch. Starting last Sunday, Circuit City sent out the first "Countdown to Thanksgiving" special e mail offers.

They sent a special link to an online offer of $ 279.99 for an Acer laptop w/ a special SKU. But (at least for me) the web site did not allow you to check out on line. It redirected to to "In store purchase only". Even if the inventory page said, "in stock at this location", the store manager said he never heard of the promotion and had NO INVENTORY AT THAT PRICE.

Some apparently did order on line, but are having trouble getting the $ 200 rebate papers. Good deal at $ 279.99, not so good at $ 479.99....or not at all.

It's just the way they bait & switch. Starting last Sunday, Circuit City sent out the first "Countdown to Thanksgiving" special e mail offers.

They sent a special link to an online offer of $ 279.99 for an Acer laptop w/ a special SKU. But (at least for me) the web site did not allow you to check out on line. It redirected to to "In store purchase only". Even if the inventory page said, "in stock at this location", the store manager said he never heard of the promotion and had NO INVENTORY AT THAT PRICE.

Some apparently did order on line, but are having trouble getting the $ 200 rebate papers. Good deal at $ 279.99, not so good at $ 479.99....or not at all.

Well, I had it, but decided against it. I didn't want another Celeron processor. I made it to the last page of the check-out and decided not to. The rebate forms are on the website, a little hard to navigate, but they are there.

I have been told that the $299 laptop is sold out, not offered online, and still being updated in their systems. I have been unable to get the same answer twice from anyone in the Manilla call center. The last rep was able to transfer me to a new recording, as of 6:35am CDT, that states the phone center cannot assist with the $299 laptop.

I did get several reps try to upgrade me to a more expensive laptop, but none would permit me to speak to a supervisor and always hung up on me when I asked for one. I did get one rep to tell me that he is required to tell me that it is an in store special, but that it was sold out before the sale started and that there are almost none in the system at any of the store locations. I don't know how reliable this information is, since no two of the other reps told me the same story other that they were sold out online by 4:29am CDT.

They never said they would offer this latop online, did they?

They never said they would offer this latop online, did they?

Actually, they did. Leticia in Richmond VA told me I would have to use the phone order option starting at 12:01am, Cathy in Richmond VA told me that the system was still updating at 12:35am and I would be able to order in about 30 minutes. Ken in Manilla told me at 1:14am that they had been selling them but had sold out. I called back to verify that and Sheila in Manilla told me that the system update had prevented them from selling them and I should call back at 6am. Mel in Manilla told me it was again sold out at 5:48am and offered the Toshiba instead before the call dropped, Alex in Manilla started the order process and then told me they were sold out again at 6:14am. A good number of other reps kept telling me that I would be able to order it online once the system update completed, but I had already been told that would not happen and I would have to order via phone.

So if I am reading all the threads on Circuit City laptop deals right, the special good deals they offer really cannot ever be bought.

"On line" only but you cannot actually check out from CC website.

"In store only" but the stores have no stock when the website says "in stock at this store".

"...with rebate..." but rebate forms are not offered.

" website is updating..." means they are removing the previous offer.

"Online only" but redirected to "instore only"

"Instore only" but redirected to online only.

"Toll free phone" no help whatsoever.

The one thing you CAN count on at Circuit City is, "....for a little more money we can sell you THIS laptop..."

I think I understand now.