something is up with the dvds!!!

sigrist_2000

i was at walmart today as their corporate person was in...and she was giving this manager a reading of walmarts new plan about something about the the dvds...the mgr said my associates can't do that they are in the back room wrapped in black plastic...something about certain dvds they dont want to use for blitz and they wanted out now...weird...and something about the price...the mgr said looks like 3 dollars override...so just be on the lookout or maybe its in our favor or maybe not...i dont know...but it was pretty interesting listening to their converse...(i was waiting for an employee to search product to see if they had a dvd in stock (which they did a couple of days ago)..but they were resetting (how convenient...now they dont have most of the items i need to pricematch)...so the guy said he had to go to the backroom to see if it was back there...figures no..but i know that they know they dont want to sell it now as they will have to price adjust friday (its a $60 item for $15 at Circuit City...)...

i eventually got it at circuit city after a long search...they are so unorganized...but i did get it...64 dollars later...and i will just go in early fri to get it adjusted...

anyways i thought i would give a head up on the dvd situation at walmart...

Good luck with the CC PM I know the past few years they DID NOT PM.

As for WM I did the same thing...went there today to ***scout***. They had a few DVD's out that are on-sale (Knocked Up and 300) the correct editions but Full Screen only. I had the associate go check in the back and of course they did not have them there. Hmmm

Guest russvegas

Yesterday, while at the Wal Mart Supercenter in Forrest City, AR, they had a large display in the aisle by electronics full of about 15 different dvds for 2.97. They had a tag of them that said the following:

WAL-MART

WHV

PR

I bought Syriana, Swordfish, Devils Advocate, and A History of Violence. Some others that I remember seeing were Knockaround Guys (Van Diesel), Last Man Standing (Bruce Willis), Message in a Bottle, I think all three Austin Powers movies, plus a few others I cant think of.