Will we set a record for users online?

Brad

And the servers are kworking great. I have not had any problems like last year! Great Job Gottadeal!

i am starting to have problems. it keeps giving me a database error message.

Yeah we had too many connections to the database, so we had to increase the limit (again!).

Things will be busy the rest of the night, but tomorrow and Friday won't be nearly as busy on the site as people are shopping, with family, etc...

Are the figures below just for the forum or for the site in general? I'm just curious because I've been trying to get to my shopping list for about 20 minutes and it says it's temporarily disabled because of high traffic, but the number of users online at the bottom of the main forum page was only 109 when I last checked.

Are the figures below just for the forum or for the site in general? I'm just curious because I've been trying to get to my shopping list for about 20 minutes and it says it's temporarily disabled because of high traffic, but the number of users online at the bottom of the main forum page was only 109 when I last checked.

The numbers are just for the forum. The Black Friday site (where the shopping list is) gets 5-10x the traffic of the forum at any given point. And the 109 you saw was because the database was reset, so people were getting re-counted :)

The shopping list features is back up right now.

shopping list will be back up maybe around 11?

As soon as the servers can support it, the shopping list will be back up. Sometime tonight most likely.

With so many people, there is just an incredible amount of interaction with the database with people adding & removing items. So the choice is we either have it working but everything slows to a crawl or we turn off the list temporarily and things are bearable

Today (the Wednesday before BF) is always the busiest day of the year, so just please be patient with everything. It's not really practical to bring in a bunch of extra servers for one day, so we deal with it the best we can :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see this?

Gottadeal is just shy of 1million unique visitors a month, and just broke into the top 2500 websites!!

U.S. Reach:

Estimated Monthly Uniques: 989,709

all per quantcast.com

Don't put much weight in sites like Quantcast, Alexa, etc... Those numbers are much lower than the real numbers.