Is it all worth it? My BF plan saves me $2,752.87...

dad2trips

The Breakdown:

• 13 items for a total of $1, 727.48 with tax.

• $1,725 worth of gift cards from a local super market gives $6.90 in fuel perks or $207 worth of free gas.

• The 13 items represent an instant savings from Best Buy of $2,318.35 including tax.

• I will receive $47.52 in Reward Zone Points from Best Buy for the purchases.

• With the free fuel & reward zone, total savings is $2,572.87.

• The 13 items are intended for 10 different people – 7 family and 3 friends.

• Items I personally will purchase as gifts will save me $924.95 (including fuel perks & reward zone from the total purchase).

Is it worth it? I get to sit back, watch movies, listen to music, chat with people, and get some new gadgets for me and some close friends!

I am ready to roll!

Tim

The "instant savings" from BB are based on retail price which almost nobody pays anyway, so I wouldn't say you are truly saving that much $.

Also, are you sure you'll get Reward Zone points for items paid for with Gift Cards?

I thought I remember reading that it was not allowed. From the rules:

Non-Qualifying Items

Best Buy Reward Zone program Points will not be earned for the following: instant rebates and the value of mail-in rebates on purchases, purchases made for resale or paid by Reward Certificate or Gift Card, sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges, restocking fees, commercial or industrial purchases, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions. As of December 2nd, 2007 Reward Zone program Points will be earned on Gift Card purchase but not on Gift Card redemption. Gift Card purchases are excluded from all double, triple and similar Point promotions. Members will earn 1 point for every $1 of Gift Card purchases. Other exclusions may apply.

"As of December 2nd, 2007 Reward Zone program Points will be earned on Gift Card purchase but not on Gift Card redemption."

I believe I will be OK for Black Friday. Anyway, the big benefit was from the purchase of these cards thru the local super market. The fuel saved is $207. Only getting ~$45 with reward zone. Hey - I didn't realize until tonite about the holiday special with reward zone. I selected the $15 offer for $500 spent. If anyone is not aware of this - go to myrewardzone.com and read up.

I agree about the instant savings price may be somewhat inflated. The Toshiba laptop is by no means a $619 laptop with the printer.

Tim