Find me a Good/Affordable Camcorder!!!

OK, i've been looking at all the BF models which seem to be all around $199...ok, but couldn't we do better than that? I just found a samsung mini-dv SC-D372 camcorder for about $160...here are the specs...tell me your thoughts!

• Digital Camcorder For MiniDV Tapes, Direct Recording onto DVDs

• 34x Optical Zoom, 1200x Digital Zoom

• 680K Pixels Digital Still

• 0.7" LCD Monitor

• Records in DVD Format, Playback, Night Recording, 16x9 Wide Screen

• LCD Features Swivel Screen, Fits Comfortably in Your Hand, Ergonomic Design, Color TFT LCD Display, Pocket Size, 4:3/16:9 recording and viewing Resolution

I was looking at some of these too. But I don't get it with the mini dvd's. Do they play in a dvd player? I look for the viewing for the long run.... like if the camera goes bad, how do you view them. I had a 8 mm and then I had to hook it to dvd recorder to convert, and then it went bad. andrea

Check out flip video (currently $30 rebate, $149.99). It's nice and small. Will fit in your pocket. Operates on 2 AA batteries. And has 2GB internal memory (no expansion) for 60 minutes of video. It has a built-in USB plug and on-board software for easy video transfer to computer. It also has a built-in microphone. Other tech specs (http://www.amazon.com/Video-Ultra-Camcorder-60-Minutes-Black/dp/tech-data/B000V1PXMI/ref=de_a_smtd?ie=UTF8&qid=1195664428&sr=8-2).

I was very surprised at the performance of this thing. I originally bought the 30-minute model at wal-mart for $149.99 + tax, but returned it for the deal on Amazon.

I was looking at some of these too. But I don't get it with the mini dvd's. Do they play in a dvd player? I look for the viewing for the long run.... like if the camera goes bad, how do you view them. I had a 8 mm and then I had to hook it to dvd recorder to convert, and then it went bad. andrea

The Mini-DVDs will play in any drawer-fed DVD player. Those fancy slot-fed players probably won't play them correctly.

You'll need to finalize the DVDs but that will be covered in the manual.

I've been researching camcorders and have read review after review for awhile now and the one I keep looking at is a Sony. It is featured in the Best Buy BF ad as a package deal for $319. This by far is best deal on this camcorder and is definitely worth the extra money if you have it to spend. Hope this helps.