Anyone else overwhelmed this year??

Josher5513

I get to a point where it's information overload...which makes me glaze over, and although I always go out early, I don't go to the stores that will be mobbed...I have a little not-so-popular mall near me that has a JCP, Radio Shack, and KM, and very very few people are there at 6am. I prefer to shop in peace, and not with 4,000 crazed lunatics who will knock you and your grandmother over for a $3 DVD. The mentality makes me pissy.

So I go out for the day, and shop at a leisurely pace, even if everyone around me is stressed. If I get it done, good for me. If I don't, there's other days. If I don't have it all done on Dec 25th, well, that's not what it's about, anyway, so what's done is done, and what isn't can wait til another day.

I am feeling the same as most of you. I go out every year. Spend more than I should, etc. etc. BUT this year, I am just not feeling it. I thought at first that it was just the lists vs. ads then the ad scans came and still, nothing. I am just not so sure about bothering to go out this year. My kids are actually disappointed because usually by now they are feeding off of my excitement and anticipation. I thought that maybe it was just me. But maybe it isn't. Maybe it is the lack of good sales mixed with the online "wait and see" sales. hmmmm..... not sure what I'll do. (and that is a FIRST!)

I was just thinking the same thing earlier after reading about when some of the on-line sales are starting. It's getting hard to remember which store has what, who is doing on-line sells and at what time. Then there are on-line sites that are easy to overlook or forget about; buy.com, amazon.com, Tiger Direct, etc. It almost becomes a full time job to research everything and stay on top of the deals, and you will still probably miss something.

I find it stressful thinking I have to get up early on Thursday and check the thanksgiving online sales and then get up early again Friday to shop. It's also difficult to remember who has what sale when. I was much happier when they didn't have all this online secret stuff-it makes it difficult to plan what to shop for.

I thought it was just me, feeling sort of blue, not excited about BF this year at all. I thought maybe it was because most of my shopping was done but that's not it because I could shop for myself. It's not having the ads to ponder over and check and recheck on what I want to buy. I even have more money to spend this year on BF than I have in the past 3 years but still can't get excited about it. I won't be hitting walmart at all this year. Maybe if I saw there secret items it would have made me go to there store and of course I have found other items to buy while in there but now I made other plans because I can't wait on a secret sale to make plans. Walmart loses my extra cash this year.

I have been thinking about this all day. I feel let down by the offerings this year. I know that it seems silly, and really it is, I mean really, it IS just shopping! But, I don't shop much, and have always really, really enjoyed shopping on BF. I mean everything about it. It made me feel like supermom or something. I admit that I loved the impulsiveness of buying little this and thats that I hadn't planned on. We are a one income family of eight, so BF often meant not just Christmas gifts, but items that we normally couldn't afford. Things like small appliances, sheets, clothing, dvds, etc. But this year, it just is not the same. I can not put my finger on it. I have tried and tried to figure it out, but overall, I think that it is just more complicated this year, and the bargains are just not as good as in the past. Nice to know that I am not alone in this feeling.

So far the only thing that excited me about black friday was Kohl's offering 50% off all Littlest Pet Shop. Then I looked at what they say are their regular prices and that was that. Their regular price - 50% off = the same price as everyone else any day of the week. I guess I'm sleeping in this year.

Gotcha on your post Brad. I was thinking about how much typing to disseminate all that info you receive on "Listings". Take the 25th of December off, will ya?

I got so overwhelmed, instead of jumping on at 11-12pm, I went to bed, kinda glad I did, since am knee deep for probably next 4 days!!!

Thanx again Brad, Marcaster, and all you senior members. R.S. Cannon1